Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Nuts.

1. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce

Going Nuts.

Advertisements
    This kid will NOT fall asleep unless he's rocked in my arms. And there's a 99% chance that when he IS asleep that when I put him in his crib, within 10 minutes, he's up and screaming for me. 19 days old...already taking advantage of me.
  2. Junior Member
    I know how you feel!!

Nathanial was and sometimes still is like that. What I did with him is I would lay him down beside me in bed and he'd be super close so he felt safe but I'd hum to him a lullaby (..lullaby and good night and go to sleep my little angel...) but I wouldn't say the words. And I also have a sound machine that plays the same song which helps out a lot. Then I went through a bit of time where I swaddled so he felt safe but I wasn't necessarily holding him. Now I lay him down when he's tired but not asleep yet, ya know when you can tell they're about to fall asleep but aren't quite there yet. Yes you have to go in and console them a million times but they get it after awhile. I hope this helps in any way.. and if you have any questions feel free to PM me!!

It'll be okay... I promise!

If it makes you feel better... my husband had to get up b4 5am this morning for PT and the baby woke up with him and wouldn't go back to sleep until around 7am...

3. Senior Member
    aww Do you have a swing? There were a few nights I let ds sleep in the swing just so I could get some sleep.
    NO MORE TICKER!!! HE"S HOME!!

4. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Most nights Peanut starts in her bed but tosses and turns and wakes up every few minutes. If she sleeps closer to me she sleeps sound and longer and I get a couple of hours of actual sleep. Sometimes rocking her in my arms is all that works. It will get better.

Good days and bad days lady. Good days and bad days.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  5. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Are you not wanting to co sleep? Understandable if you don't want to, we don't. What we used when DS was like that was put him in his swing (it was a newborn swing, one that laid down all the way). The swinging helped lull him to sleep. Once he got used to sleeping without me I started turning off the swing and only turned it on when he was really fussy. Now he's sleeping in his own crib and pretty much completely through the night.
  6. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    I tried a swing, no dice. He only falls asleep in it if he feels like it.

Nighttimes are getting difficult because he'll start out in his bassinet, wake up at 3am, and wont fall back asleep until he's in bed with me. Part of it is my laziness but cmon...it's been over an hour and it's the middle of the night! I toss him on DHs' side of the bed and give him his binky.

He talks in his sleep too. I'll be borderline zonked out and then I'll hear him crying. I go in there and he's crying in his SLEEP! Then he'll stop, mutter some more, and pass back out.

I wonder if a musical thingymajig cribside doflopper would work...
  7. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    Are you not wanting to co sleep? Understandable if you don't want to, we don't. What we used when DS was like that was put him in his swing (it was a newborn swing, one that laid down all the way). The swinging helped lull him to sleep. Once he got used to sleeping without me I started turning off the swing and only turned it on when he was really fussy. Now he's sleeping in his own crib and pretty much completely through the night.
    I'm trying to avoid it because I'm worried it will become a bad habit...
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i couldnt put em in her crib that early. i was to paranoid. have you tried to swaddle him?
  9. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda. View Post
    i couldnt put em in her crib that early. i was to paranoid. have you tried to swaddle him?
    Ya and he hates it! He likes to spread out and be free.
  10. Senior Member
    I would try the thing that musical thing he has in his crib.He would probably be fasicinated with it.And play with it.And wear himself out and falls asleep.Also you could get cd Disney makes i think its a lullaby cd.And put a cd player in there.And turn the volume down just enough so that hears it.

I agree with you not wanting to co-sleep.I had a friend who let her child sleep with her.And she didn't want to sleep in her crib.I watched a child like that.It was pure hell.Because he would scream and cry when I put him in the pack n play for a nap.

Here is the link for the disney lullaby cd.If your interested. http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Baby-Lu.../dp/B000001M0Z
    Last edited by LuvnMySoldier; 05-28-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast