Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: he screams when he goes to the bathroom

1. Senior Member

Question he screams when he goes to the bathroom

Advertisements

Carter will SCREAM when he poops, I mean full out scream and screach in pain. He will scream for about half an hour, and then finally poop and it all stops.

What can I do to help him? It kills me

Im BFing, and I cant find anything in my diet that would do it, since this happens every time.

Any ideas?
  2. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    try rubbing his tummy clockwise and pumping his legs. That'll help them go sometimes.

ETA almost all babies go through that. They have trouble getting those muscles to work and it frustrates them. As long as his stools are still soft and he's still going a normal amount then he should be fine.
  3. Senior Member
    Have you tried to give him gas drops?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    make sure you are drinking enough water. Most BF babies don't get get constipated. Call your DR if you are really worried.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries

I have no advice but a ton of for ya.
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  6. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I went through that with all 3 of mine. With Maddy it got so bad the dr suggested we put kayro syrup in her bottle (she was bf'ing but i was pumping for bottles at times). It helped. It seems to be pretty normal.
  7. Senior Member
    DS had the same problems. I would lay him on his back, push his knees to his chest and rub his belly with my thumb just under his belly button. Once he was able to start eating babyfood, I made sure he had plently of highfiber foods.
    NO MORE TICKER!!! HE"S HOME!!

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Try baby massage. That will help with the gas and pooing
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Senior Member
    Grace does that too. Carter isn't sick or constipated, it's just painful for babies because they poop on their backs.

When a person lays on their backs, it makes the very end of their colon form a 90 degree angle. When a person sits on the toilet with their legs and knees bent, it straightens out the end of the colon making it easier for poop to come out the rectum..

Carter is having a hard time making the corner.

Hold his knees up to his belly, or pump his legs like he's riding an imaginary bicycle.. I lay Grace Frances on her back and pump her legs while singing Queen's "Bicycle Song" to her.

If it gets real bad, then take a thermometer and coat the metal end in Vaseline, and insert it about a quarter of an inch into his rectum.. It's a reflex for her to to try to push it out, and that would make the poop come out too..

But if you do the thermometer trick, have a diaper ready, because poop will come FLYING out at high speed.
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Thatís what was happening with DS. We took him to the Dr and he got a full check up and we were told he has chronic constipation. They gave us Miralax (sp) to give him in a drink every day. This was meant to keep him regular as well as softening it up a bit. He was so little that it was hard to get the right dosage. Too little did nothing while too much gave him the runs. Finally we decided to do away with the Miralax and try to control the situation via diet. Itís been several years and it works well for us. No problems since.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast