Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Period and Breastfeeding Please help

1. Member

Help Period and Breastfeeding Please help

Advertisements
    I got my period back thursday night. Wednesday night and Thursday morning I had a ton of milk, more than usual. So when I started my period I thought ok well it must have been the hormones. Ever since then I feel like I have none. I keep nursing her more and more often but today I'm not even feeling any letdown. My doctor has told me not to use any fenugreek or milkmaid tea. (I was using it before and got an infection) but I know she isn't getting as much. Is this normal when you start getting your period again? Will it even out again? Would you supplement or wait? I planned on exclusively breastfeeding at least a year I'll be heartbroken if this is the end!
    DH ~ I did inventory, you have my heart, Killy has my DNA, and the army has my body.
    Wifey to Fashionista

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Do NOT supplement at this point. It will even itself out. Also, with Miss K I never really felt a let down and I bf her for 23 months.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I think it's normal to decrease for a couple of days, and should go back to normal. Just keep nursing as much as you can, even if you don't feel like she's getting as much. The sucking, even if milk flow is slow, will tell your body to get with the program and make more. Just keep nursing on demand and as much as you can.
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It's normal for it to decrease during your period.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandily View Post
    I think it's normal to decrease for a couple of days, and should go back to normal. Just keep nursing as much as you can, even if you don't feel like she's getting as much. The sucking, even if milk flow is slow, will tell your body to get with the program and make more. Just keep nursing on demand and as much as you can.
    This.
    Needs work.
  6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandily View Post
    Yea at this point it is every hour. We are supposed to go see DH this weekend I hope things are better by then
    DH ~ I did inventory, you have my heart, Killy has my DNA, and the army has my body.
    Wifey to Fashionista

7. X
    X
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    Do NOT supplement at this point. It will even itself out. Also, with Miss K I never really felt a let down and I bf her for 23 months.