Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: A Cold

1. Senior Member

A Cold

Advertisements
    Lil' bebe caught my cold.

Her poor little nose... I feel horrible for her. And there's nothing I can do. She tries so hard to eat, but her nose is icky sounding, so she can't eat very well.

I suction her nose like a pro now... She HATES it, but I do it anyway to help her. The suction really helps though... She just sounds icky right after she's been sleeping and she wakes up. I suction, it drains (for the most part) and she can breathe a lot better. It just sucks when she's hungry and I'm trying to do it. She gets hella angry! Totally has DH's 'tude. Totally.

But are there any thoughts/advice on how I can get her over it quicker? I know that when I suction it definitely drains because she coughs a little bit, and sometimes, she'll sneeze (which is awesome, I get more crud out) but is there anything I can do to help her get over it quicker?

My cold (that I so "lovingly gave her ) lasted for about a week. She started gettin' this way on Sat.
  2. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I am going to stalk this. We thought DD had a cold 2 weeks ago, but it was just allergies, but now she has a cold too. I've done the same things you have.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Saline nose drops, Cool air humidifier, sleep propped up.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Bailey View Post
    Saline nose drops, Cool air humidifier, sleep propped up.
    Only thing that I haven't been doing (since birth ) is the saline drops... I'll go pick some of those up this afternoon!

Thanks!
  5. Senior Member
    i know the docs always suggested breathing in the warm steam from the shower - just turn it on and just sit with the baby in the room for about 20min letting them breathe in the warm moist air. it also helps to break up the gunk. i have a friend who swares by the vicks plug ins... idk how young you can use those though...