Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What eases boob pain?

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

What eases boob pain?

Advertisements
    I stopped feeding DD, I dropped down to 2 feeds a day for a few days then one for a few days and not feeding her anymore.

I still have milk though, LOTS of it and my boobs are soo hard and sore. I have taken tylanol and someone suggested to me to wrap them with bandages (didn't work bandages just kept slipping up or down, or it hurt if I wrapped then too tight), I don't have cabages, what else can I do?

2. Missing you more each day...
    Missing you more each day...
    Try a warm wash towel.. just place them on top ...that would help me I hope something works cause that pain sucks! lol
  3. Senior Member
    Dont pump but get in a hot shower and hand express enough to relieve the pressure. Wear a couple sport bras or wrap with bandages and then put a sports bra on top. Weaning is the worse thing ever, no matter what age.
  4. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I wish I could help. I didn't have pain when I went through engorgement. I hope it gets better!

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Dont pump but get in a hot shower and hand express enough to relieve the pressure. Wear a couple sport bras or wrap with bandages and then put a sports bra on top.
    That's what worked for me.
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    This makes me scared to wean. Maybe I'll just make Muffin keep nursing until I have my next kid and just nurse kids forever and when we stop having kids keep pumping... I could be the first menopausal woman to nurse! I think.. I wonder if there's eer been a menopausal woman who was nursing a baby...

I hope you find some relief soon!
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Dont pump but get in a hot shower and hand express enough to relieve the pressure. Wear a couple sport bras or wrap with bandages and then put a sports bra on top. Weaning is the worse thing ever, no matter what age.
    I don't own any sports bras. I did have a shower last night, but that didn't really help. They are feeling a bit better tonight, but ODS did headbut me in the boob earlier when he was giving me a hug, OMG that hurt too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    This makes me scared to wean. Maybe I'll just make Muffin keep nursing until I have my next kid and just nurse kids forever and when we stop having kids keep pumping... I could be the first menopausal woman to nurse! I think.. I wonder if there's eer been a menopausal woman who was nursing a baby...

I hope you find some relief soon!
    IDK but my aunt told me she met a 56 yr old woman about a month ago who was preggo with her 1st child.

8. Senior Member
    wrap the bandages, out ice on the outside wraped in a towel and then a tank with a built in bra over all of that.

You can hand express a little to help, but not much.