Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Bang Head Frustrated

Advertisements
    Dawson sleeps so little because of his reflux anyway...so when i do get him to sleep I'd like to keep it that way for a little while. He used to do really good if he fell asleep while I was holding him and then when i'd put him down he'd be just fine. The last few days he wakes up within a few minutes. I simply can not put him down! I'm not doing anything different as far as how i'm putting him down. I make sure to hold on to him well so he doesn't startle and such. I feel like this kid is glued to me. His nap times are the only times I have to clean, shower, etc. Now that he won't even go down for naps....i can't get anything done!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

None of mine have ever napped regularly, some kids just don't On th ebrighter side, he should sleep longer at night if he's not napping! I'm really sorry, I wish I had some advice!
  3. Senior Member
    I've been fortunate my kids are both good sleepers. my sister however was not. Her son also battles reflux. The only thing that worked to keep him sleeping was the sound of the vacum or hair dryer. She found a cd that played continous vacum sounds. Once she figured that out, and put the cd player on repeat, he was sleeping thru the night.
    NO MORE TICKER!!! HE"S HOME!!

4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    None of mine have ever napped regularly, some kids just don't On th ebrighter side, he should sleep longer at night if he's not napping! I'm really sorry, I wish I had some advice!
    that's the thing! he used to go to bed at 11 or so, wake up at 1, go back to bed at 2. then wake up for good at 6 or so. not too shabby. now i'm not sure if it is because of his reflux or what but he goes down at 11, wakes up at 1 and stays up. i tried everything. i don't talk to him, look at him, turn on lights. just change (if he really needs it) and feed him and rock him and he just is wide freakin' awake. He just doesn't sleep!!!

5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by **Jamie** View Post
    I've been fortunate my kids are both good sleepers. my sister however was not. Her son also battles reflux. The only thing that worked to keep him sleeping was the sound of the vacum or hair dryer. She found a cd that played continous vacum sounds. Once she figured that out, and put the cd player on repeat, he was sleeping thru the night.
    we have a white noise cd that plays constantly by his bed. i think it helps but isn't a sure bet.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Scout has reflux, too and so did Liam. For sure the same things did not work for Scout that did for his brother How elevated is he at night? Do you use a humidifier?
  7. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Scout has reflux, too and so did Liam. For sure the same things did not work for Scout that did for his brother How elevated is he at night? Do you use a humidifier?
    He has a wedge under the crib matress that puts him on an incline. No humidifer though.

8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    what I have to do with Matt to get him to nap is that I lay down with him in my bed. Having me near helps him fall asleep and I just turn on the fan for the whitenoise and sneak out of the room once he's asleep. But he doesn't have reflux.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    you poor thing! I wish I could come up there and help you.
  10. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Have you tried letting him sleep in your lap and then moving him? Moving Peanut from my chest wakes her up every time but my lap isn't quite such a bother for her sometimes.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast