Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SOLIDS

1. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries

SOLIDS

Advertisements
    So Jack has started to eat fruits with cereal....he sometimes doesnt drink much of his bottle afterwards OR even before.....I give it to him BEFORE the solids and he doesn't want it (I sometimes pump and give him a bottle instead of putting him to breast) He's only interested in the solids....?!?!

This is also why I am pumping instead of putting to breast so that I can empty - if he goes to breast he wont empty them because he doesnt want the milk...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?! I'm probably not being clear....HELPPPPP

Also I am getting ready to be at home with Jack through the summer - any suggestions on getting him into a feeding schedule? See at daycare he will eat 3 oz then fall asleep for like 20 min and wake up and finish....so annoying....then he eats a bunch of solids.....THIS IS CONFUSING.....ugh HELP! TIA!
  2. Senior Member
    He sounds like he is just full. There is nothing wrong with that. Solids are much more filling then breast milk. With my girls, I would feed them when they just woke up. Then around 10 they would get solids. Then around 12 I would breast feed them, and lay them down for a nap. Then wait a hour or so after they woke up and would breast feed them again, and then solids again every 2 or so hours.

Basically I would start off and end every day with breastfeeding. Then during the day I would alternate between solids and breastfeeding with about 2-3 hours in between, unless they where sleeping.

I would just keep seeing if he wants the bottle/boob afterward, Im sure for awhile most of the time he wont. But he will start to learn, that you drink after you eat. Thats what our girls doctor told us.
  3. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kimly View Post
    He sounds like he is just full. There is nothing wrong with that. Solids are much more filling then breast milk. With my girls, I would feed them when they just woke up. Then around 10 they would get solids. Then around 12 I would breast feed them, and lay them down for a nap. Then wait a hour or so after they woke up and would breast feed them again, and then solids again every 2 or so hours.

Basically I would start off and end every day with breastfeeding. Then during the day I would alternate between solids and breastfeeding with about 2-3 hours in between, unless they where sleeping.

I would just keep seeing if he wants the bottle/boob afterward, Im sure for awhile most of the time he wont. But he will start to learn, that you drink after you eat. Thats what our girls doctor told us.

wow THAT is great advice! thank you for taking the time to respond and help me! im going to try and stick to something like what you suggested! i will let ya know how it goes! thanks!