Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relactation

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Question Relactation

Advertisements
    I posted in my other "new moms" thread about how much I regret quitting breastfeeding. Someone pointed me in the direction of relactation. It has been a while since I last breastfed, I quit when he was 6 weeks, but I had a well established supply when I quit. The reason I quit before was because I never could get Matt to latch since I have flat nipples. If it is possible for me to restart and I have this problem again, I'm going to talk to a lactation consultant. Does anyone know anything about relactation?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/rel...nksrelactation

Just to start you off. From what I understand, it can take a lot of work, so make sure you're committed to it.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oops, double post.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    nevermind. I talked to DH and told him I'm going to need him to support me in this in order for me to actually be able to stick to it and he told me that he can't because he really doesn't want me to since I was kind of a bitch when I was breastfeeding before...
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh Brittany! that is awful!

Explain to him that most of us are bitches... NOT because we are bfing (although it can be easy to blame that!) but because we are postpartum. Our hormones and thus our emotions are all out of wack... we are freaking TIRED... we are STRESSED...

you're going to end up being something not so great, such as bitchy, in the first 6 weeks of brand new momdom.

I'm sorry he is unwilling to understand that and roll with the punches all in an effort to help you and your son.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    nevermind. I talked to DH and told him I'm going to need him to support me in this in order for me to actually be able to stick to it and he told me that he can't because he really doesn't want me to since I was kind of a bitch when I was breastfeeding before...
    can i hit him? pretty please? just this once? what a selfish and insensitive thing to say. ive never met one woman who WASN"T in a bad mood right after having a baby, seriously, you just shoved his child through your small hooha while he just had to watch, and he expects you to be in a good mood??? honestly, it will be difficult, but if you really believe it's best for your son, you need to do what's best for him, and NOT what your husband thinks will be good for your/his mood. what a man-douche.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That was a really shitty thing for him to say. I am sorry that he isn't willing to support you. If you are serious enough about it and dedicated to trying to make it work, it would be an even bigger success if you pulled it off without his help/support. It's something you can do with or without him, so if you really want to do it, then go for it! You've always got us!!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    That is awful. I'm sorry hun.
  9. Senior Member
    That wasn't fair of him to say.
    If you want to bf again, I think you should go for it. If he won't support you, find a bfing support group or something in your area.
  10. Senior Member

that is a terrible thing to tell you... i think that whenever you were breastfeeding before, you were still experiencing the postpartum blues/depression/etc. so you weren't exactly in the mindset to be happy-go-lucky...and we are all that way! i think it'd be a different story this time around...maybe he'll come around with some articles and talking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast