Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Breathing Problems?

1. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"

Breathing Problems?

Advertisements
    I think Peanut is having breathing problems but I could be paranoid. After she gets worked up and really gets a good cry going, she wheezes for about 5-10 minutes after until she calms down. It sounds like she needs to clear her throat. I called the pediatrician this morning and they said it was normal that she just hasn't learned how to control it yet. Has anyone else had this? She was at the pedi last week and they listened to her chest and they said she sounded perfect so I may be a worried mama for no good reason.

Oh and once she calms down her breathing goes back to normal.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  2. Senior Member
    Nope, go back in and fight for it. Document everything... what it sounds like, when it happens, how often it happens, etc.

Apparently, infants can't have "asthma" but they do have some breathing thingie... I forgot what it was, just google "infant asthma" and it'll come up.

She could have allergies... Jess's doc swears up and down that babies don't have allergies, but I really, truly believe that lil' bebe is allergic to the dog/cats.

Anyway.

Lil' bebe's doctor *at first* brushed off her breathing issues, but I went back a week later, she actually paid attention (and listened) and so far, lil' bebe has had a Upper GI tract test, an echocardiogram, an EKG, and 3 chest xrays.

3. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries
    ok IMO infant asthma is sometimessssss overdiagnosed...just keep an eye on it but i wouldnt be too quick to assume that is what it is. otherwise, they get reliant on the breathing treatments
  4. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I have been watching her the past couple of days and she hasn't been wheezing. I have been checking her nose a lot. This may be TMI but I pulled a couple of boogers out that were as long as my arm! I couldn't really see them from the outside but once I really got in there I was amazed how much was in her little nose.

I switched out her bottles too so she hasn't been so gassy either and has been able to get her milk down better. I am really hoping it is just excess milk in her throat and not asthma or a breathing problem. I'm keeping an eye on her though.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!