Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Slings?

1. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"

Slings?

Advertisements
    Hey...I saw Lefty had a sling and I went out and got one. It's SUPER comfy for me and Peanut seems to love it. I'm a little scared that since she is so little you can barely see her in it. There's about a 2 1/2 inch gap where you can peek in and see her. Is that right? I worry that she isn't getting enough air in there.

Anyone know?
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  2. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    i dunno but i want one so i can take the dogs out without the stroller

let me know how it works for you
  3. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I walked around with her in it twice today and she seemed fine. I was paranoid with her in it so I kept a hand in there with her so I could see her. I think it is just because she is so small. As she gets bigger I'll see her head more. She is 6 lbs 7 oz and 1 month so a larger baby may not have the same problem?
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hteew View Post
    I walked around with her in it twice today and she seemed fine. I was paranoid with her in it so I kept a hand in there with her so I could see her. I think it is just because she is so small. As she gets bigger I'll see her head more. She is 6 lbs 7 oz and 1 month so a larger baby may not have the same problem?

I did that too.

My sister sent me two hand-me-down slings, both in different sizes, one medium, and one large.. I've never used one before.. Do you think you need a different size? I'm def not a sling expert, but I think the black one I have is too big for Frances.
  5. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    This is one of those stupid one size fits all elastic ones. I can adjust the shoulders but I can't make the "pocket" smaller. I am thinking of using a clothespin or something and tacking the elastic back some so I can see her. I may need to roll the edges or something. Hmmm...this may be a good use for a Chip Clip!
  6. Senior Member
    I bought one right after John Duncan was born, but I didn't like it at all and ended up returning it. I wanted to like it, lol... but even though he was perfectly secure, I wasn't comfortable using it.
  7. X
    X