Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supplementing?

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

Supplementing?

Advertisements
    Do any of you supplement formula and still breast feed?
    What is your schedule? When do you supplement?
    I don't know Im starting to wig about this BFing thing all the time. I mean if I want to leave the house and go to the mall or to a movie or just to walmart by myself I need to leave Logan I want to know he is okay with food. I am going to try to pump but what if I can't get enough for an entire day without baby. Im starting to think BFing Moms have to baby wear 24/7
    Oh and if I go out and leave him with a bottle or 2 of formula will I pour milk while Im out and about. I am not liking this leaking thing when I can't BF. Maybe Im not cut out for this.
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

As soon as I started to supplement (doc suggested it thinking the baby wasn't getting enough) that's when everything went down hill and my supply went to hell

This time around there are a few things I will absolutely do different because I think they contributed to why I had to stop BF'ing much earlier than I wanted to.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i supplemented in the beginning. i had to. i wasnt producing and she couldnt latch. i eventually got frustrated becuase everytime she would latch she would throw it up (she has lactose deficancy) i just decided to 100% FF her.
  4. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Aren't there some woman that can't pump enough to feed a baby for an entire day alone or more? I know this sounds terrible, but I need me time too you know without baby on me all the time. OK, I sound like Mommy from hell already.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *~*Cori*~* View Post
    Aren't there some woman that can't pump enough to feed a baby for an entire day alone or more? I know this sounds terrible, but I need me time too you know without baby on me all the time. OK, I sound like Mommy from hell already.
    no you dont. my milk didnt come in until my DD was 2 weeks old!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    No I don't supplement. I have enough milk in the freezer incase of an emergency but that is about it.

I have some formula just incase too.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Sweet Lord! How do they survive with no food??
    How do you know if they are getting enough? I can't figure this out when they say oh they are fine with a drop here and there in the beginning but they are living people and need nurioushment.
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Yah, I was one of them who couldn't pump all that much.

I thought I'd feel that way too, but I really had no problem BF'ing him each feeding
  9. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    What did you do when you were out alone with no baby at feeding time?
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Sweet Lord! How do they survive with no food??
    How do you know if they are getting enough? I can't figure this out when they say oh they are fine with a drop here and there in the beginning but they are living people and need nurioushment.

It usually only takes a few days for the milk to come in and they are living off the colstrum the first few days. Zayne even spit up some of it in the hospital the day after he was born so he was getting a decent amount of it. That is the BEST stuff for them!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast