Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up!

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Grumpy I give up!

Advertisements
    DS is being so rotten! For the past three hours we have been going through this little routine. I let him lay on me until he falls asleep, wait 10 minutes, put him down he wakes up and starts crying, I pick him up, let him fall asleep, wait 10 minutes, so on and so on. He will not stay asleep! And now he's gotten so bad that he's fighting the sleep and will literally try to hurt me. He pinches, kicks, scratches and pulls hair. I quit. I've laid his blanket on the couch right next to me and am just going to let him try to put himself to sleep. And for those who are going to say for me to let him sleep on me, I can't. His eczema is so bad on his cheeks that it is scaly from sweating when sleeping on me.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    can you but him back to your front like facing out? rock him side to side that way--dd was small enough to sleep that way still. what about going for a drive to wear him down and bring a book and once he's out sit in the park or something until he starts stirring
  3. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    can you but him back to your front like facing out? rock him side to side that way--dd was small enough to sleep that way still. what about going for a drive to wear him down and bring a book and once he's out sit in the park or something until he starts stirring
    I'm giving him a bottle to try and calm him down and fill his tummy so maybe he'll sleep. I'm going to try having sitting in mylap with his head resting on the arm rest when he's done eating.
  4. I Love Nikolai
    I Love Nikolai
    I think he might listen to your heartbeat and its soothing to him... I know a few kids that are like that. Im that way with car rides.... Put me in a car and i will fall asleep fast... the constant sound puts me out. Maybe try something to mimick it with... just a thought Good luck
    ~NON Military, But here anyways~
    ~Nikolai James 8/17/09~
  5. Senior Member
    aw i hope you get a break soon! i know he'll be over tired quickly, ellie is the same way. i also think its because of her gums. days when i notice more fussiness, she doesnt sleep well at all so i think its her teeth hurting

6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Okay, he ate then played for a little bit and finally fell asleep for about 20 minutes. that little boy was driving me crazy for a minute there
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    How does he sleep at naptime?!? Do you co-sleep?!?
  8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    How does he sleep at naptime?!? Do you co-sleep?!?
    he used to be wonderful. 2 two hour naps during the day. And it was so easy to put him down too. He would start acting tired and I would just lay him down and he was asleep. But in the past few weeks he's gotten very clingy. He never wants to be put down, even when asleep. In order to get him to nap I have too lay down with him in my bed until he falls asleep. Then he naps for about an hour or so. Once he realizes I'm not there he starts crying. He's still only getting two naps a day because that's all I can get him to do. I'm having more trouble with him within the past two days because before when he would refuse to sleep I would let him nap on me and I would just get on my laptop or watch tv. I can't do that anymore due to the eczema and with naps he'll only sleep either on his tummy or his side so laying on me in any other position will make him fuss. We don't ever cosleep. He's in his crib at night and he's normally fine then. I've tried putting him down for naps in his crib thinking maybe that was where he felt comfortable sleeping and it worked for a few days but then he wouldn't stay asleep again.
  9. Senior Member
    Do you use any white noise or anything when you try putting him down? Maybe try a fan or something constant like that.

Also what about using a shirt you've worn over him like a blanket? Maybe smelling you will help him stay asleep.

Maybe the combination of the two will do the trick? Since when he sleeps on your or next to you he's hearing your heart (white noise) and able to smell you.
  10. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by thejibstah View Post
    Do you use any white noise or anything when you try putting him down? Maybe try a fan or something constant like that.

Also what about using a shirt you've worn over him like a blanket? Maybe smelling you will help him stay asleep.

Maybe the combination of the two will do the trick? Since when he sleeps on your or next to you he's hearing your heart (white noise) and able to smell you.
    I haven't tried putting a shirt with him but I do use an alarm clock that makes an ocean sound at night. I'll try doing that during the day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast