Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: His arm still wont move...

1. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce

His arm still wont move...

Advertisements
    We go on Wednesday but I'm biting my nails more and more. I was able to raise his arm manually without it hurting him and he just lets it drop. It's a limp noodle. He can squeeze my finger with his hand and clench a fist, but he can't raise his arm or move it at all.

This is killing me. I dread the worst on Wednesday when we see the therapist. I really...REALLY don't want to sue a doctor. I hope it works. I don't want complications...this is hard enough on me the way it is. I can't put his arm through any shirts or anything...I have to leave it down by his side (doctor's orders). He doesn't need this!
  2. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    Tons of for good news on wednesday!
  3. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    I hope everything turns out okay.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  4. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

I'll right along with you. I sure hope things work out soon and you get some answers.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

6. Senior Member
    I really hope everything turns out okay with him. Lots of and for him on Wednesday!

7. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    ...Done....
  8. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    I am so sorry you are going through this.
    Many prayers for Wesson that all will be okay at the appt.
  9. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    Sounds like Nurse-maids elbow.

When Bradley was 9 months old we were vacaying in Florida. One morning we woke up.. and he refused to move his left arm.. If I'd touch it he'd cry even more. (He had been sleeping in a crib) ... I called my grandmother and she told me not to touch it.. maybe he had pulled a muscle trying to turn over or something... to give him tylenol and watch him the rest of the day.

Well the day goes by and he still hasn't and wont move the arm. I felt horrible. So I start googling everything I can on the computer at the hotel... to try and figure out what was wrong with my baby.

I took him into the ER thinking it was something called Nurse-Maids Elbow. When I got in there I told the lady behind the desk that's what I thought it was and she looked at me like I was dumb. The ER doc that took care of Bradley had only seen it a few times.

But sure enough! It was Nurse-Maids elbow. He was shocked that I knew about it so I explained to him what I did. They took an x-ray of his arm and nothing was broke.

Nurse-maids elbow happens in children under 5 years of age.. More so in little ones. It's called Nurse-maids.. because it's rumored it came about when a young child would hold onto the hand of their "Nurse-maid"...and when they would throw a fit and toss themselves down... their forearm.. would full from the tendent (sp) of the elbow.... Hence the name "Nurse-maids elbow"...

This is exactly what Bradley's did... He could move his hand/fingers... but the forearm.. and the rest of the arm he'd refuse to move.

IT"S easy to fix... takes just a few minutes... They piggy backed Tylenol and motrin that night. They snap the forearm back in place by rotating it... I was taught how, because once it happens once.. it is more then likely to happen again till the tendent is strong when they are around the age of 5.

So far it's happened to Bradley 5 times. But mommy knows what to do.

This could've happened to your little one during birth... his arm could've been pulled or moved the wrong way and that's what it is?..

I'd bring it up to your Doc.. the suggestion of Nurse Maids..

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by truzbabygirl View Post
    Sounds like Nurse-maids elbow.

When Bradley was 9 months old we were vacaying in Florida. One morning we woke up.. and he refused to move his left arm.. If I'd touch it he'd cry even more. (He had been sleeping in a crib) ... I called my grandmother and she told me not to touch it.. maybe he had pulled a muscle trying to turn over or something... to give him tylenol and watch him the rest of the day.

Well the day goes by and he still hasn't and wont move the arm. I felt horrible. So I start googling everything I can on the computer at the hotel... to try and figure out what was wrong with my baby.

I took him into the ER thinking it was something called Nurse-Maids Elbow. When I got in there I told the lady behind the desk that's what I thought it was and she looked at me like I was dumb. The ER doc that took care of Bradley had only seen it a few times.

But sure enough! It was Nurse-Maids elbow. He was shocked that I knew about it so I explained to him what I did. They took an x-ray of his arm and nothing was broke.

Nurse-maids elbow happens in children under 5 years of age.. More so in little ones. It's called Nurse-maids.. because it's rumored it came about when a young child would hold onto the hand of their "Nurse-maid"...and when they would throw a fit and toss themselves down... their forearm.. would full from the tendent (sp) of the elbow.... Hence the name "Nurse-maids elbow"...

This is exactly what Bradley's did... He could move his hand/fingers... but the forearm.. and the rest of the arm he'd refuse to move.

IT"S easy to fix... takes just a few minutes... They piggy backed Tylenol and motrin that night. They snap the forearm back in place by rotating it... I was taught how, because once it happens once.. it is more then likely to happen again till the tendent is strong when they are around the age of 5.

So far it's happened to Bradley 5 times. But mommy knows what to do.

This could've happened to your little one during birth... his arm could've been pulled or moved the wrong way and that's what it is?..

I'd bring it up to your Doc.. the suggestion of Nurse Maids..

I've never heard of that either. I would definitely bring it up.

I still can't believe the doctor yanked that little baby out of you when he obviously wouldn't fit. That is ridiculous. I really hope everything ends up okay with him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast