Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long to heal from delivery...

1. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce

How long to heal from delivery...

Advertisements
    I had a delivery from hell where my kid literately "tore mommy a new one". I tore all the way up to my urethra (no one thought to do an episiotomy). It's been almost a week and I'm still bruised black and blue as all hell down there and going from sitting to standing is damn near impossible. Coughing or sneezing brings tears to my eyes. How long did it take for you ladies to heal that tore pretty badly during a delivery? I hate resting. I want to get back to normal asap!

I have to be supermom.

2. Senior Member
    Ouch That sounds HORRIBLE. I hope you feel better soon.

3. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by thefabmrsb310 View Post
    Ouch That sounds HORRIBLE. I hope you feel better soon.
    Oh it was! I suppose I should write my birth story soon eh? lol. Maybe AFTER you have your baby? You'll want to keep your legs crossed and stab doctors with scalpels. hahahaha
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I took about two weeks for me this time to go back to feeling 'normal' down there but that was without tearing or an episotomy. I'd imagine that with as bad as you tore it will take quiet a bit longer for you to start feeling better

ETA: When I said normal I meant completely normal. I had hardly any swelling this time around.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  5. Senior Member
    With DS1, I had 4th degree tears and it was weeks before I could sit even semi-comfortably. I can remember crying b/c I was still in pain on our anniversary trip which was when DS1 was 4 months old. The last time I remember taking something for pain was 6 months after he was born. I thought I would never heal completely... but I did. It took a lot longer than I ever imagined, but apparently my tears were pretty bad and my midwife says that the OB that delivered DS1 did not do a very good job sewing me up.

That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but when I was going through it I didn't know anyone who had taken that long to heal. I just wanted you to know that it can take awhile (I hope your recovery doesn't take as long as mine did) and if you ever need to talk about it I'm here.

On the upside, with DS2 I only had 2nd degree tears and I felt better after just 4 days than I did after 4 months with DS1. It's been three weeks and I'm in no pain whatsoever.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I ended up needing surgery around 8 months after I had my daughter. It was a forceps delivery that went pretty bad. If you don't feel better in a few weeks I would go back to the doc and make sure everything is ok. I kept telling them something wasn't right, but nobody would check anything. I wish I had been more proactive.
  7. Senior Member
    it took me two weeks. i had an epi but my cut was almost a 4th degree i would say. i had about 1/8th-1/4 in left and sneezing, coughing and laughing were just terrible. sitting or standing was so hard! i know how you feel

it hurt bad but i'd still do it again. you'll feel better in a few weeks i bet!

8. Senior Member
    Are you spraying Dermoplast on your parts? That helped me last time, they gave it to me at the hospital. Are you using Tucks hemorrhoid pads?

The only thing that made me feel better when I had Jack was soaking in the tub.. I even put a couple inches of water in the tub so I could sit in it and pee instead of sitting on the toilet. .. Yes, I peed in the tub.

I was healed up in two weeks.. Did they give you any Vicodin or any pills for the pain? Ya know, there's nothing wrong with calling the OB and having a fit about it..Are you drinking prune juice or Simply Apple to keep your poop soft?
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow that is bad. I didn't tear anywhere NEAR like that and I was healed up in about a week. Hopefully your healing only goes for a couple weeks longer at most.

If it is any consolation... from everything I have read, natural tearing is supposed to heal much better than episiotomies... hopefully that stands true for you!
  10. Senior Member
    Use your ice packs too. You poor poor little lamb. I feel terrible for you.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast