Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how llong to let baby cry?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

how llong to let baby cry?

Advertisements
    Muffin was very fussy yesterday afternoon and evening, DH wanted to just put her in her crib and let her cry herself to sleep but I think she's too little for that still. How old is it that you start letting them "cry it out" when they're fussy? At this little, how long should I let her cry before she needs to be picked up?
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    she is too young for CIO but at the same time there is nothing wrong with putting her down for a min or two if you find yourself getting frustrated at the situation.
    usually CIO is around 4-6 months ( depending on who you talk to)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I didn't start letting Jaxon CIO until he was 3 months old I think. And I never let him cry longer than 10 minutes.

ETA: You can ask your pediatrician and they will advise you.
  4. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I have been wondering the same thing. DD has been REALLY fussy today, so I googled and talked to alot of people and they said they can cry up to 5 minutes.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I also want to say that I let Jace cry sometimes. Let's face it, I am alone with 3 kids and I can't hold him while I cook dinner and fold laundry. So, sometimes if I know he's fed and has a clean diaper, I lay him down and let him cry so I can do the other things I need. But, I don't leave him there long, I always try to hurry through what I'm doing. It's usually a "fussy cry," and not an all out scream. If he gets too upset, I pick him up.
  6. Senior Member
    Sometimes John Duncan will do a little whiny cry thing that usually ends in a couple of minutes with him falling asleep... so if it's that cry, I just let him go. If it's an all out screaming cry, I check on him as soon as I can... whether that's right away or after I finish what I'm doing... but I don't let it go on more than a couple of minutes. We did CIO with Lee at 4 months and don't plan on letting John Duncan CIO before 4 months either.
  7. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries
    waaaay too young for CIO...remember you cant spoil a baby under 3 mo old...love her and keep her happy and she will be happy....Bubbie is 4.5 mo old and I NEVER let him cry it out...ever...
  8. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Try swaddling her. I know that the swaddle saved my sanity. The book the Happiest baby on the block helped us a LOT. I think under 6 months is too young for CIO. Usually if they are crying they need something, even if it is just closesness.
  9. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    What's up with the DH's and the CIO? DH thinks Peanut should CIO sometimes too. I think the longest I was able to stand it was one time for 4 minutes and I was a blubbering mess myself. Sometimes when I am changing her clothes she does the all out red faced scream but that's usually because she hates to be cold at all. As soon as she is back in her t-shirt she stops.

These babies are nutters!
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    4-6 months.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast