Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how llong to let baby cry?

1. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Little cries, let her lay there.

Full blown screaming crying? Pick her up.

And just so you know, my kid is 25 and STILL fucking whining all the time!! LOL!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoPrincess View Post
    Try swaddling her. I know that the swaddle saved my sanity. The book the Happiest baby on the block helped us a LOT. I think under 6 months is too young for CIO. Usually if they are crying they need something, even if it is just closesness.
    Muffin actually hates having her arms restricted. So much so that at the hospital after she was born, we had to put her in a gown with long sleeves and mitts on the end so we could let her arms free of the blanket so she'd go to sleep.

now I feel bad after this thread. She cried forever yesterday and we did everything we could think of to get her to calm down and she just kept crying. I feel bad because I couldn't figure out what she was trying to tell me. We did diaper, food, bed, swing, rocking, walking, sucking, bouncing, everything and it took forever and I'm not even sure what finally got her to stop crying.
  3. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD!!!

Michael was like that. I used to strap him on me at 2 AM and just go walking. It didn't get me any more sleep, but at least it seemed to shut him up. That and I don't know HOW many miles we put on the car, driving around just for some peace and quiet.

Once Muffin is about 14, though, she'll be sleeping until noon and hiding in her room.

I always had intentions that when Michael turned into a lazy teenager, I was going to go in his room and wake him at 5 AM and be all hyper - just like he woke me up and kept me up when he was an infant - for paybacks, but by the time he got to that age? I was just so grateful that he wasn't waking ME up!! LOL!
  4. Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    Silence is golden duct tape is silver :)
    i go get my baby bear the minute i hear a peep out of him but he is only a week old so i guess it's still ok to do that
  5. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    We just started CIO and we dont do it for any more than 5 minutes.. but mostly at bedtime, and after a few nights he doesnt really cry anymore..
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  6. Senior Member
    I agree about 6m is when I have been okay w/ full on cio.. now fussing for a few mins or if you are trying to get them to bed and you know they are tired I have let her cry a bit more, but always going back to put the binkie in after a min or two.
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Babies do get too much stimulation sometimes and sometimes doing EVERYTHING is doing WAY too much. 5 mins is not going to kill them. Also, a dark cool room with a noisemaker or a shower running does WONDERS. I did that for isaac and yes, as early as 3 weeks. Sometimes they do just cry just to cry be/c they are frustrated.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123