Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DH out of reach

1. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"

DH out of reach

Advertisements
    DH's paternity leave ended Wednesday. We were lucky that he had so many days at home especially since I was sick for a good bit of it. He went back on Wednesday and found out he had to leave for a little while today. Don't get me wrong...he won't be gone long at all. I'm being a super whiny butt and I know it.

I put on the face for him and told him we would be fine. Inside I was . It's not a long time or anything, but I really miss him more now that Peanut is here. I do everything for her, but he does everything for me so it sucks that he won't be coming home tonight.

He went out last night and got us groceries and rented movies for me to watch and did all the chores that he could even before packing his bag. He rearranged the furniture in the living room so it would be easier for me to take care of Peanut and the dog. He wanted to make sure that I was taken care of as much as he could.

Plus it when he gave me that look this morning like he didn't want to leave us. He must have hugged and kissed us 4 times this morning and kept coming back to tell us how much he loved us. I know he is a grown man but it is like sending him away for the first time again.

I know I am being a big baby at the moment but I needed to get it out. I'll be fine. We'll be fine. We always are. We're military and it is what it is. It's just sucky sometimes. Hmm...maybe sushi will make me feel better?
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  2. Senior Member
    sushi heals everything

i dnot htink you are being a big baby. i think this is totally normal. and i also think that you have an amazing husband who would do all that preparation for you before he leaves. i can only imagine how hard it was for him to walk away today
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

3. Senior Member
    I was a huge and complete bitch to DH right before he left. Granted, he's not going to be gone for 6 months, but he's also not coming home in a few days either.

It's just me, lil' bebe, and the farm starting tomorrow for a good couple of weeks.

And DH didn't do jack shit for me to make my life easier. In fact, he asked me to do more things for him while he was gone.

I'm just gonna stop there because I'm getting pissed again.

Anyway, I know how you feel, and what's goin' down, so PM me anytime. I you!
  4. Senior Member
    You have a great attitude.. and a wonderful hubby! Hang in there and it's okay to be whiney.. we are all allowed.
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  5. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Quote Originally Posted by GuamALlama View Post
    I was a huge and complete bitch to DH right before he left. Granted, he's not going to be gone for 6 months, but he's also not coming home in a few days either.

It's just me, lil' bebe, and the farm starting tomorrow for a good couple of weeks.

And DH didn't do jack shit for me to make my life easier. In fact, he asked me to do more things for him while he was gone.

I'm just gonna stop there because I'm getting pissed again.

Anyway, I know how you feel, and what's goin' down, so PM me anytime. I you!
    When your DH gets home you have to poke him in his sleep every 2 hours with a knitting needle and then claim you have no idea what happened.

DH has been a bigger mess than me today. He has been texting all day wanting to know what he is missing and if we are ok. I guess because he is so quiet I didn't realize how much all this gets to him. I'm kinda mean like that I guess.

Now this whole farm thing of yours...we've got to be able to find a way to get someone helping with that! Let's get a brainstorm going...
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  6. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    Quote Originally Posted by fitmommyof4 View Post
    You have a great attitude.. and a wonderful hubby! Hang in there and it's okay to be whiney.. we are all allowed.
    Thank you. I even felt bad that I wasn't loving the dog enough today. I must be working through the hormones too!
  7. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    It was rough when mine left too. Wesson was born on the 9th, DH deployed on the 14th. It was harder for me to watch him say goodbye to our little boy than it was for saying goodbye to me. I'm in the boat too! Mine is gone til the end of the year...