Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BB Ladies!!

1. Senior Member

BB Ladies!!

Advertisements
    Okies, all my lovely ladies, let's do a check in!

I wanna know how mom AND baby are doing... stats on babies, who's sleepin' through the night, so on and so forth.

I'll even start!

Lil' bebe is good... still working on her breathing issues. She weighs 8lbs, 15oz, so she's up 3 pounds from birth. She'll be 7 weeks old tomorrow. Still not sleeping through the night, but I can at least get her to sleep for 3 hours at a time.

Me, not doin' the best... Mom leaves in two days, and DH is out to sea, so it'll be just me, lil' bebe and the farm. One big happy family. The good news... I get my BC in two weeks so I'll definitely have it long before DH comes home. I go back to work for good on Monday, but lil' bebe already has her CDC spot. It will be my first time leaving her with someone that's not family. I know I can do it, it's just going to be rough.

Okay ladies, your turn!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We're doing pretty good. I have been successfully breastfeeding since day 1 with only a few hiccups here and there. Jace was originally in bed with J and myself, which was totally my fault. But, last night was his second night alone in the bassinet. He is sleeping 3 hours at a time on average, but sometimes he sleeps for 4 hours (like last night). DH left on Saturday last week for two months and it's been rough. The older kids are acting out, my toddler is having a hard time and I'm suffering because of it. But, just typical stuff all the way around I guess.

Last edited by Rizzle Mizzle; 05-14-2009 at 10:23 PM.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We're doing great. She;s been bf like a champ since the moment she was born. Her first feeding was less than 20minutes after her birth. lol Not sure how much she weighs now but at her 2 week wb checkup she was 8pds 14 oz which was up from 7pds 10oz at birth.

She's slept for a good 6-7 hours at night twice so far and usually averages about 3-4 hours of sleep at a time at night.

Her big sister is in love with her and it is wonderful to see them together.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Dawson and I are doing fairly well. He is almost 5 weeks old. Not sure how much he weighs (i'll know tomorrow actually because he has a checkup. i'll update...) but last check he weighed in at 8lbs exactly. *birthweight 7lbs 11oz* He was having a hard time gaining weight because he has refulx really bad and just can't keep stuff down. But he's on Prevacid and that seems to be helping. He also has a milk protein intolerance so we had to put him on a special formula. I'm not sure that is helping much but im bummed that I can't breastfeed anymore. It dried up in a matter of days.

He is also colicky *this kid is loads of fun, let me tell you* but he is sleeping fairly well and only wakes up once at night and then around 6 or so for good in the morning. Not too shabby.

All family has gone home and we are trying to get into a routine, which is coming along fairly well. Dh isn't deployed but he is flying a lot so those are really long days. I must admit I get a little lonely sometimes.

But that said, I love Dawson to pieces and can't imagine life without him.

5. Senior Member
    John Duncan and I are doing great. He was 3 weeks old yesterday. I'm not sure exactly how much he weighs, but I'm sure he's well over 10 lbs by now. He was 9 lb 13 oz the last time he was weighed (at 6 days old). He's breastfeeding well, but he gets a little formula too. Sleeping is good most days, not as good some days. He didn't nap well yesterday... he ate every 2 hours. But then he slept 6 hours between feedings overnight, so that was really nice.

He's been to work with me two days, and the staff is trying to spoil him rotten. At two weeks, two days he attended his first graduation ceremony and got the royal treatment in the arena's luxury box... the Provost said he's destined to be a college professor, LOL.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Corn Muffin is doing great, she was 3 weeks yesterday. She was 8lbs 13oz and 21in long at her 2 week checkup a week ago (birth stats 7lbs 15oz 20in long). She bf's very well and is a messy baby... she poops a lot. She had 3 baths due to messy diapers in the space of about 36 hours the last couple of days. She hasn't settled yet on if she sleeps through the night or not. some nights yes, some nights no. Overall, she's good.

I'm doing ok. My bottom still hurts (pretty sure y'all already figured that out though, lol) but it's improving. I;m off percocet now anda lot of the poop helpers i was on, down to just taking the motrin 800, colace, and meamucil, and i don't think i'll be off of those any time soon. o have something like a diaper rash where the edges of my pads are irritating my bottom, not sure what to do about that. my hormones are still a mess but nothing warrating talking to the doc about. my 6 week post partum check is june 9th. oh and o got discouraged today trying on non maternity shorts and capris. i feel fat again.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    o have something like a diaper rash where the edges of my pads are irritating my bottom, not sure what to do about that.
    I just used Little K's diaper rash cream when I got that.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  8. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Haylee and I are doing pretty good. She has her 2 week check up on the 21 (even though she will be 3 weeks old then... lol). She was breast feeding and it was going great. It didn't hurt or anything, but I never produced enough milk for her. The doctors predicted that would happen though. So she's now on similac sensitive. She has a cold right now so her sleep schedule is really messed up. But other than that. Shes a great baby. I am pretty much healed all the way. Not sure about my stitches though, I really dont want to stick my fingers around there and feel for them lol but I think they are starting to fall out. Eww lol. I've lost all my baby weight. Now I have 40 pounds to get to my real goal.

9. Senior Member
    He turns 2 weeks tomorrow, and things are going pretty good. We can USUALLY get him to bed between 11 and midnight, wakes up between 3 and 5 for a feeding, then back to bed til about 8 or 9. Not bad at all Its always hard to wind him down at the end of a day, still trying to figure out how to do that. He doesnt seem to want to go to bed.

He is breastfeeding like a champ, but his feedings are all over the place. He has taken a bottle of breastmilk a couple of times too. He doesnt spit up much, and he self burps If he has gas he just burps without being burped. He also has the loudest farts EVER, and always seems to pass gas in public

We start our move to Wyoming next week DH and I are still trying to figure out how to have a good trip half way across the country with a newborn. It should be interesting. Poor bebe, I dont want to mess his sleep schedule completely up, but he sleeps in the car, so it's going to be interesting.

I had some depression pretty bad the first few days after he was born, but Im doing much better now. Im healing pretty well, and I feel great. Ive lost 20 pounds, and Ive got 30 more to lose until Im at my prepregnancy weight.

He has his fussy moments that I cant figure out how to deal with, but overall, we are doing great Im a lucky mom to have such a perfect baby!
  10. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    um, what does "BB ladies" mean??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast