Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeding in public.. am I missing something?

1. Senior Member

Feeding in public.. am I missing something?

Advertisements
    Im not comfortable nursing in public. Every time I practice at home by covering myself with a blanket or using his sling, I always end up with a large nipple show, hes super wiggly.

If I pumped, I could give him a bottle in public. Butttt, how do I warm up the bottle in public if I cant get to somewhere to heat up the bottle. Am I missing something? Ive seen babies in public with bottles, how did the bottles get warm? What am I missing?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't BF in public either. I am all over the place and my boobs and nipples are ginormous. I go to the car and hang a receiving blanket in the window to feed him. If you need to warm a bottle in public though, I would run hot water over it from a sink in the bathroom. They also sell those bottle warmers that you can plug into the outlet in the car, but I have never used one.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I never gave my kids warm bottles in public. They don't get too cold anyway in the little ice pack baggie anyway and alot of times I had room temp bottle water to make a bottle at all times with me.
  4. Senior Member
    well BM can stay out for 4 hours. and i've read somewhere for 6 hours as well so if you pump before you leave, it'd probably last depending on how long youre out!

also, if im going out to eat, i just ask for a glass of hot water and it ususally doesnt take too long to warm up.

dont worry, im still not too fond of doing it in public as well.. not sure why

5. Banned
    Banned
    In public I always just feed lukewarm bottles
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    you can do just room temperature pump just before you go out and then that's it.

if you do want to get comfy doing it in public practice in front of a mirror or a friend who's comfortable then start at a kid friendly place like the pediatrician's office or at the park
  7. Senior Member
    It never occured to me to ask for hot water and to just warm it up right there Or running it under the hot water. Thats how I do it at home. DUHHH

Ive been breastfeeding in the car, but its kind of a pain to be in a restaurant and go out to the car to feed.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, I hate having to go out to the car too. Mostly because I have to deal with the other kids being impatient while I feed him. But, I am way too uncomfortable nursing him in public.
  9. Senior Member
    oh cassy, the shame! you're giving FREE SHOWS to the unsuspecting and innocent masses! im sorry, it's not really funny, i would be embarrassed too. i was going to say just bring it with you or run it under a hot tap, but the other ladies already did. when i have kids, ill probably not BF in public either, too akward. another option is having andrew hold a blanket in front of your front.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I feed everywhere! After living in Germany, I just dont care it is SO much easier than bottles! Your baby is beautiful btw! Get a bigger blankie to cover, give it a few weeks also you will not have such a hard time, he will latch better and you will be able to stay covered.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast