Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 month old baby + congestion/stuffy nose = HELP

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused 3 month old baby + congestion/stuffy nose = HELP

Advertisements
    My daughter is 3 months old and she's extremely congested and has a stuffy nose. Sometimes she has a fever of 102, but when I take her to the ER I wait for 10 1/2hrs. (tht was the last time I went) they won't see her. When I call the Peds they are to over crowded to see her at all during the week or even the next one. IDK wht to do. Most of the over the counter meds I've seen I can't give her cause she's to young.... WHT DO I DO? I've been doin the nose drops, humitafier, and the nose plunger thingy a month now and it still hasn't gotten better. I dont want to wait til her 4 month appt though.... Any advice?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    call and say you need to be seen. force the issue.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Any medicine? I know she can have tylenol. cool baths. Seems like a normal cold.
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    call and say you need to be seen. force the issue.
    i agree! also, try the vicks plug in's that plug into your wall. They ALWAYS help Jackson with his stuffy nose and also helped me when I had one.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    maybe a walk in clinic or ask your ped if they can recommend an alt. doc? My ped. always had back ups you could call if he was full... sounds like the little one is really sick...
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Also be sure to make a quick call to your doc to double check it is safe for your baby!!
  8. Senior Member
    If she is having a hard time breathing while she is sleeping stick a pillow under her matress to raise it enough so she is not flat.

We were having the same problem with dd, without the fever. I would call about the fever. If you can not be seen at the doctor I would take her to the er. If they will not see you there I would go to another one. Are you near a children's hospital? I would call them if you are.

Wife To Michael ~10-17-98~
    Momma To Eric ~9-19-06~
  9. Senior Member
    Call the patient advocate if the pedi is on base. I've had that issue quite a few times here. And magically they have an appt. once i complain.

10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach85 View Post
    Call the patient advocate if the pedi is on base. I've had that issue quite a few times here. And magically they have an appt. once i complain.
    Thanks ladies!!! I need all the help I can get. I never realized how hard it would be to be a single mom until the hubby gets back. I didn't even think about calling the patient advocate. That is a great idea! I'm gunna try that today. We do have her at the Naval Peds, but since my husband is high ranking than me he is the sponser so I can't do anything unless I have her ID and a POA. It's a pain in the a$$!!! I've tried raising her in her crib with a pillow, but she doesn't stay on it long she ends up rolling off of it. I've been putting her in her carseat so she can breath at night and I out a crap load of vapor rub on her chest too. I've tried calling the peds and telling em whats up with her but they tell me she isnt that bad.... Maybe I'm being a new mom but I'm freakin out!!! They said if her fever isn't over 104.5 then it isn't bad the ER told me the same thing! I don't know if I'm covered under tricare to go to the hospital out in town.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast