Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm gonna have to stop

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Confused I think I'm gonna have to stop

Advertisements
    I'm feeling down today. DD will be 9 mths on Friday and I am thinking I am going to make that her day to ween her off me. I love feeding her and it is OUR time when I just concentrate on her and don't care if the boys are destroying the house. I get to talk to her and cuddle her and couldn't care about anything else.
    I don't want to ween her, but I have had mastitis 4 times and keep getting yeast infestions iin my boobs. I go to the doc and get meds and it clears up, but then it comes back a few weeks later. It hurts to feed her and I :cry. I want to keep feeding her, but I don't want the pain anymore.

2. Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    I tried breastfeeding but DD was preemie and needed the weight gaining formula. So I don't really have any advice. But I'm offering up loads of , , and
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    9 months is great! DO you get mastisis when you pump too or just when you nurse? Maybe you could give herbottle BM. Either way, you did a goodjob for going this long.

Does your doc or LC know of any things that could do to prevent the pain and yeast?
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009
  4. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    You've done a great job. to you
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by llove12 View Post
    9 months is great! DO you get mastisis when you pump too or just when you nurse? Maybe you could give herbottle BM. Either way, you did a goodjob for going this long.

Does your doc or LC know of any things that could do to prevent the pain and yeast?
    I pump if I am full but DD is sleeping, or if I feel the mastitis comming (it helps and isn't as bad then). I pumped full time for 3 mths with ODS because he had a cleft lip and palate. I don't want to do it again fulltime, it was soo exhausting and I was getting soo run down.
    There really isn't anything to prevent the yeast infections. The way thr dr explained it to me is: there is yeast in moist parts of the body, sometimes if there is excess yeast and moisture and it get back in the body, it causes the infection. I leak a lot which is why I get the infections and I am constantly changing my nursing pads too, but it doesn't help. I can only really take tylanol for the pain

6. Senior Member
    Have they tried medicating both of you? It sounds like you just keep passing it back and forth. Either way, 9 months is a good long time. If you want to be done, it is ok! But if you don't and you want to continue, maybe call a lactation consultant and ask for some suggestions to keep the infections and mastitis at bay.

Needs work.
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by *Kate* View Post
    Have they tried medicating both of you? It sounds like you just keep passing it back and forth. Either way, 9 months is a good long time. If you want to be done, it is ok! But if you don't and you want to continue, maybe call a lactation consultant and ask for some suggestions to keep the infections and mastitis at bay.

they have given me pills to take oraly as well as this liquid stuff that put put on my nipples as well as all in DD's mouthlike 3 times a day. DH was hoping I would finish before he came back, but DD may be our last and I just want her to stay a baby as much as possible. I know I am prob just being silly about all this and not wanting to give up.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    they have given me pills to take oraly as well as this liquid stuff that put put on my nipples as well as all in DD's mouthlike 3 times a day. DH was hoping I would finish before he came back, but DD may be our last and I just want her to stay a baby as much as possible. I know I am prob just being silly about all this and not wanting to give up.
    It's not silly AT ALL! I know just what you mean about wanting to keep the last one little as long as possible! I wish I had more advice for you.
    Needs work.
  9. Senior Member
    Have you tried taking Acidophilis pills or powder? It is great for helping prevent yeast infections. I think 9 months is amazing and I can understand you wanting to quit w/ all the infections and such. :
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    you could do genetian violet for the yeast infections. also wash with selsun blue shampoo. if it burns put some nystatin ointment on and wipe off before the next feeding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast