Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accidental Cosleeping?

1. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"

Accidental Cosleeping?

Advertisements
    Long story shortened...

I have a bassinette next to my bed for Peanut. She's almost 3 weeks old. I've done all kinds of tricks to get her to sleep in it (added a wedge, put her in after she is already asleep, added her white noise bear) and she isn't having any part of it. She ends up sleeping in bed with me and DH in between feedings at night.

I dont like her in bed with me and DH. I don't get a good rest and I know it bothers DH. I ordered a cosleeper this weekend to attach to the bed so she can still sleep next to me and I can take care of her easier. So why do I feel like I have failed somehow? I feel like I should be able to get her to sleep in the bassinette, but after almost 3 weeks I don't think it is worth the fight anymore.

Anyone else have this problem? Am I overreacting?
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Accidental co-sleeping turns into Co-sleeping. Thats what happened with vinnie and now he's two and he still sleeps in bed with me..
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ait0shi View Post
    Accidental co-sleeping turns into Co-sleeping. Thats what happened with vinnie and now he's two and he still sleeps in bed with me..
    Kat Kat ended up in bed with me for a while because of accidental co sleeping.
  4. Senior Member
    both girls ended up in the bed with us because of accidental co-sleeping.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It happens, I didn't mean to do it but it was the only way for me to get sleep most nights. I just recently got my 8 month old to sleep in his crib but he still wakes up like crazy at night. I hope you're able to find out what works for all of you
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ait0shi View Post
    Yep, my son is three and he still climbs into bed with dh and I. He goes to sleep in his own bed, but he ALWAYS wakes up in ours.
  7. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

You are most definitely NOT a failure Sweetie! You have to do what it right for you and your situation. Jerron would not sleep period anywhere but my arms. So, the only way I got any sleep was with him in the crook of my arm. 3 yrs later I got him out my bed but I also went through a divorce between that and didn't try to kick him out.
    DH has put his foot down about co-sleeping with Logan and we have a bassinet but you just never know what you are up against till they get here and then they lay the law down for the first few mths atleast.
    to you!
  8. Senior Member
    The first month ds was in our room and we did the co sleeping too and like you, it was so uncomfortable for us, so I said that's it he has to get used to sleeping in his own room in his crib. It was really hard at first cause it was so easy just having him in our room but I am so thankful now that we got him sleeping in his crib in the beginning, he sleeps there now but thanks to teething he wakes up a lot at night.
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  9. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    You didnt fail by not getting the baby to sleep in the bassinet. It has only been 3 weeks and babies love the closeness of mommy which is why co sleeping is so easy. Bella and I are part time co-sleepers. She preferres to be in her room but I like her with me. haha Usually around 3am when I get home from work she comes to bed with me.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You are not a failure by letting it happen. some kids just need mommy a bit more than others and well, we're tired! There is nothing wrong with being a cosleeping crew. If you don't want baby to co sleep tho', then start taking steps earlier to correct it rather than waiting till later. You're a good mommy.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast