Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infant Acne

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Help Infant Acne

Advertisements
    I know infant acne is common but Dawson is just now starting to break out all over at almost a month. Is that unusual? I thought it was because of maternal hormones still circulating in their system, you'd think those would be gone by now?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Nothing is the same. Talk to the dr on monday.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-acne_72.bc

It's normal, it can take a couple weeks to appear.
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post

5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post

thanks! i'll check it out!

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    They actually aren't sure what causes infant acne... mom hormones is just the best guess they have.

Molly STILL has baby acne... it kept getting worse for a couple weeks and now it is starting to wane. It was just on her face at birth but it spread down her chest and arms and back.. even a bit on her legs. It is now only really on her face and arms with just a tad on other body parts but she is already about 8 weeks old haha... I'm guessing she'll have it til 3 or 4 months.

Talk to your doctor of course, but more than likely it is just baby acne that took a while to appear and will eventually go away. My midwives recommended that the best thing to do for it was to not bathe the baby often (water wipe down for sweat is fine) and when baby IS bathed, to use a very minimal amount of shampoo/body wash... that it really isn't that necessary. So like, a few drops put in a bowl of warm water and mixed in... and use that mixture.

Also, they said to avoid lotions for awhile but when I felt it was time to use a moisturizer, to use something natural like olive oil or coconut oil. I avoid all johnson and johnson products and instead use aveeno or method brand baby products

When I stopped using a moisturizer and also used less baby wash, her acne did start to improve a bit... I guess that stuff clogs the pores which makes it harder for her skin to release toxins.
  7. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    They actually aren't sure what causes infant acne... mom hormones is just the best guess they have.

Molly STILL has baby acne... it kept getting worse for a couple weeks and now it is starting to wane. It was just on her face at birth but it spread down her chest and arms and back.. even a bit on her legs. It is now only really on her face and arms with just a tad on other body parts but she is already about 8 weeks old haha... I'm guessing she'll have it til 3 or 4 months.

Talk to your doctor of course, but more than likely it is just baby acne that took a while to appear and will eventually go away. My midwives recommended that the best thing to do for it was to not bathe the baby often (water wipe down for sweat is fine) and when baby IS bathed, to use a very minimal amount of shampoo/body wash... that it really isn't that necessary. So like, a few drops put in a bowl of warm water and mixed in... and use that mixture.

Also, they said to avoid lotions for awhile but when I felt it was time to use a moisturizer, to use something natural like olive oil or coconut oil. I avoid all johnson and johnson products and instead use aveeno or method brand baby products

When I stopped using a moisturizer and also used less baby wash, her acne did start to improve a bit... I guess that stuff clogs the pores which makes it harder for her skin to release toxins.

that makes sense.

He had it on his nose at birth now that has completely cleared but his cheeks look like a 14 year old boy right now. I want pictures at Penny's dangit!

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    do you wear perfume? When people hold Paul with perfume on he breaks out!
  9. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefswife View Post
    do you wear perfume? When people hold Paul with perfume on he breaks out!

10. Junior Member
    Hunter started to get baby acne also around close to a month..then it just got worse over the next few weeks..turns out he has something called Sebborhea (sp) but the dr prescribed him hydrocodone (sp) which cleared it up in the day. Just talk to your doctor when you go in. Hopefully it goes away soon whatever it is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast