Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: softening poop./

  1. Banned
    Amanda.'s Avatar
    Amanda. is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Posts
    6,715
    Blog Entries
    23
    #1

    softening poop./

    Advertisements
    em is on soy formula, which i knew was gonna make her a little constipated. she doesnt really have a problem going everyday, she usualy goes 1-2 times a day. but lately its just getting harder and harder.

    she spits up alot, so i wont give her water bc of her possibly getting a seizure, so i have been giving her 1 oz of juice everyother day.

    i was just wondering if you knew any other ways to soften her poop?

    ive talked to her ped. about it numerous times, and he doesnt seem to be worried about her getting constipated since she still poops reguarly, but she is just in so much pain when she does poop.
  2. Senior Member
    llove12's Avatar
    llove12 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camp Lejeune
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    2
    #2
    I gave DS apple juice once with no water and BOY OH BOY, did thqat loosen up his stool. (It was a silly rookie mom mistake.) IDK how old your DD is but they make pureed prunes as a baby food and they sell pear juice in the baby section, too.
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009
  3. Banned
    Amanda.'s Avatar
    Amanda. is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Posts
    6,715
    Blog Entries
    23
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by llove12 View Post
    I gave DS apple juice once with no water and BOY OH BOY, did thqat loosen up his stool. (It was a silly rookie mom mistake.) IDK how old your DD is but they make pureed prunes as a baby food and they sell pear juice in the baby section, too.
    i give her the baby apple juice, ive never looked for the prunes, but i will look when i go to the store. thank you!
  4. Senior Member
    sunofabeach85's Avatar
    sunofabeach85 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yokota AB, Japan
    Posts
    2,792
    #4
    My pedi told me to put a teaspoon or two into her bottle. He said just regular prune juice. And it really helped her she was about 8 wks.



  5. Banned
    Amanda.'s Avatar
    Amanda. is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Posts
    6,715
    Blog Entries
    23
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach85 View Post
    My pedi told me to put a teaspoon or two into her bottle. He said just regular prune juice. And it really helped her she was about 8 wks.
    im wondering if i would have to do more since she is 4 mos?
  6. Senior Member
    sunofabeach85's Avatar
    sunofabeach85 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yokota AB, Japan
    Posts
    2,792
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda. View Post
    im wondering if i would have to do more since she is 4 mos?
    Well he told me start with 1 and add a teaspoon more each time til it helps. 2 was all she needed but you could always start out with 3 or 4. It won't hurt her just maybe make a bigger mess for you



  7. Banned
    Amanda.'s Avatar
    Amanda. is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Posts
    6,715
    Blog Entries
    23
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofabeach85 View Post
    Well he told me start with 1 and add a teaspoon more each time til it helps. 2 was all she needed but you could always start out with 3 or 4. It won't hurt her just maybe make a bigger mess for you
    right!
  8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Brittany Rashel's Avatar
    Brittany Rashel is offline
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Me: Ft Bliss, TX / Him: Iraq
    Posts
    9,952
    #8
    this worked wonders. My ped told me to get regular prune juice and add 3 oz of water to 1 oz of prune juice. She should be going pretty well after that. Matt was only 3 months old at that time so Em would be fine.
  9. Senior Member
    mackenziesmommy's Avatar
    mackenziesmommy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,203
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    this worked wonders. My ped told me to get regular prune juice and add 3 oz of water to 1 oz of prune juice. She should be going pretty well after that. Matt was only 3 months old at that time so Em would be fine.
    YEP same thing with mine.
  10. Banned
    Amanda.'s Avatar
    Amanda. is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Posts
    6,715
    Blog Entries
    23
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    this worked wonders. My ped told me to get regular prune juice and add 3 oz of water to 1 oz of prune juice. She should be going pretty well after that. Matt was only 3 months old at that time so Em would be fine.
    awesome. im gonna try that. thanks sweetie!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •