Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby blues?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Baby blues?

Advertisements
    Aren't they supposed to be gone by the time the baby is two weeks? I don't have like bad PPD where I'm thinking about hurting myself or Muffin or anything, just still having crazy hormone and mood swings and stuff and I feel stupid for feeling this way, like I shouldn't because I have it so much easier than so many women b/c DH is here and my mom's been here for the last 2 1/2 weeks helping us and so much else in my life is good nd Muffin is healthy and beautiful and a good baby, just now getting fussy, but I still get the mood swing stuff and feel ways I don't know why I feel and especially feel down and sad at night when we're in bed and the lights are out and everyone else is asleep... isn't it supposed to be gone by now? I don't want to ask the doc about it and them jump to a conclusion that it's worse than it really is. I guess I'm wanting to know what others have been through and experienced.
  2. Senior Member
    It could still be hormones adjusting, but it never hurts to talk to your dr. If at your 6 weeks appt you are still having the same feelings I would bring it up, or if you think it interfer's with your everyday activites.

It is an adjustment, it takes time.
    Cameron is 5 weeks and im still having those feelings... Soooo, I guess im not much help... I remember at the very begining saying that people don't tell you the true feelings of having a baby, people tend to put on a smiley face on and say that "this is sooo amazing" and "things are so perfect" when really there are a lot of other feelings(on top of the great ones of course) that are not so lovely and perfect!

I think it is normal, beings our bodies are going through so much, but if you are concerned talk to your ob and see what they think. Whatever you do, don't ignore it!!!

Im glad your on here talking about it! If you need to vent or just chat, im here, probably feeling the same way!

4. Senior Member

I dunno how to feel anymore. DH was here for a while... left the day after my mom got here. My animals are currently being boarded.

I go back to work in 4 days. Lil' bebe can't breath very well.

God know, I've got thismuch on my plate... and I just don't give myself time to think about it?

Gah, honey, I don't know.

Here's some and know that I feel blue too.
  5. Senior Member
    With DS1, my baby blues lasted a couple of months. I was in so much pain, and the idea of taking care of a newborn was overwhelming. My hormones finally leveled out... things got easier once DS1 got on a schedule instead of me feeling like I just fed him 24/7... and it helped a lot when I went back to work. Even though I missed him terribly, it helped me feel more back to my old self... and the adult interaction certainly didn't hurt.
  6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Wait until your lochia is completely gone. If at that point you are still really hormonal then I would talk to you doctor. I think you're fine. It might just be taking your body a little bit longer to adjust. Adding a new baby into the mix is hard enough, but then you add on the hormones of just having a baby and it would make anyone go a little batty.
  7. Senior Member

you sound just like me after i had our son. i was like that for a month or two... i didn't want to talk to the dr. about it because i was afraid they'd think i wanted to hurt myself or him but that wasn't the case. i was just really overly emotional and overwhelmed. it didn't help that my hubby was stressed out too so we just kinda made each other feel worse. when i did mention it casually to the dr., she asked me if i wanted to go to counseling...well, i was working full-time again at that point (6 week postpartum checkup) and trying to take care of our son while dad worked wonky hours...so that wasn't an option. so i just gave up. thankfully, God blessed me with feeling better shortly after that... it's a tough time but there is nothing wrong with letting someone know...family, friends, hubby, etc.
  8. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Hun, i totally understand.

I am the same way and it is just now tapering off. I think it is because it is such a life changing evet, and no matter how much you do beforehand, you can't truely prepare and it is just a shock. My biggest thing was I missed being just "the two of us" so very much. Not sex (well now I do but we're still waiting for the bc) but just being able to go to the movies or out to dinner or even just cuddle quietly on the couch and watch tv. Now we eat dinner in shifts (someone has to hold him) and we go to bed at different times depending on when Dawson is asleep. I feel horrible for wanting that so badly...but i love Dawson so very much at the same time. And since Dawson is a bit colicky and it the middle of those screaming sessions....the guilt kills me. On top of that I start to feel guilty for my husband because I was the one that pushed for kids. I know he wouldn't change a thing now that he's here but I feel ...i don't know. Like i'm making dh miserable now because our kid screams constantly and such. But I know i'm not. And dh has repeatedly told me he is very happy and loves us both very much. But you know...hormonal minds are hard to change.

I don't know. I think it is normal. As long as you don't want to harm you or Muffin and aren't severely depressed i think it just takes time. I'm here if you need me, as always.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If your doctor jumps to the conclusion that it is worse than it is then your doctor is stupid.

You can still have PPD and not want to hurt yourself or anyone else... the true test is... do you feel like yourself most of the time? Or do you feel sad and just generally 'off' the majority of the time.

Baby blues CAN last for awhile... I still have sad bouts... but the majority of the time I am myself.

I went to a therapist who specializes in PPD as soon as Molly was born because I am at high risk for it and after a few appointments we determined that I do not have PPD... I just have the blues a bit longer than others.

PM me if you ever want to talk... I get it, I do
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everybody, I've got some good things to think about and it helps to know I'm not just totally weird for not having my hormones back under control at the 2 week mark.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast