Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Migraines?

1. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"

Migraines?

Advertisements
    Did anyone else have them before getting pregnant?

I had them and was taking Topomax and BC control pills as preventative. I had Immitrex injections that I could take if I needed them. I came off of everything when I was preggo and had no problems.

Now that I've had Peanut, the migraines are back. I can't take the Immitrex because of the BP meds that I am on. It takes some time for the Topomax to get into my system and the doc said they normally wait 6 weeks to put people back on BC. The stress of having and taking care of Peanut and the random sleep patterns seem to be triggers for my migraines. I had one tonight that had me throwing up and running to a dark corner. I can't take care of her like this. Any ideas?
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  2. Damage Control
    Damage Control
    Ex DF would rub my hair (like the back of my head) and stimulate the folicles back there. It did not make them go away, but it helped. They were REALLY bad before DD, but now I get them more often, but they are NOWHERE near as bad.

Embrace those who love you and whom you love, and rid yourself of those who will only bring you down!
  3. Senior Member
    midrin worked for me when I was pregnant.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    drink lots of water, sleep when peanut sleeps, and keep a trigger diary for right now (diet, sleep patterns, activities, etc). i get migraines more now since i've had dd. i think mine is from my epidural
  5. Senior Member
    I have had a constant migraine for the last almost THREE WEEKS. Nothing they have given me has worked. I've had migraines for the last 13yrs. I've tried damn near everything and rarely have they worked so I'm not much help. Thankfully I have a Dr appt today.
  6. Senior Member
    I take MaxAlt for mine which does the trick most of the time. It dissolves on your tongue too so it works quickly and you don't have to drink to take it, which is bad if you have one of the "sick" migraines. HOWEVER, the absolute BEST treatment I have had, which gets rid of most of the migraines for 3 months at a time, is BOTOX. 16 injections across my forehead and shoulders, and up the back of my neck. AMAZING!!!

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  7. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    I've had this one since yesterday and it is killing me. I called the OB and the neurologist this morning so now I'm waiting. I feel like a bad mother because I cant take care of Peanut like this. Damn I just want to be well and stop whining.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  8. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    My OB called in some pain meds. I have an appt with the neurologist tomorrow. So if I can get through tonight, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. DH is watching over me and I can't ask for anything more. Thanks ladies.
  9. Junior Member
    Lack of sleep is my trigger and I have gone back on Topomax and so far so good but I have gotten maybe 2 slight ones. When I feel one coming on, I try to take a nap when DD (2) does and pull all the shades in the house and wear my sunglasses (Yes, I look silly but it helps) also, I try to drink LOTS of water. I hope you feel better, I know it sucks. I never tried the Imitrex, I've only tried the Topomax and it always seemed to work in the past but I don't think it's reached its full potential yet.
  10. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    Oh sweetie do I COMPLETLY understand...I just went off of topamax to TTC.....I take midrin during pregnancy but you can also take a pain med....Call your doc and ask for one since you'r enot getting relief...You also could be having headaches from your epidoral so I'd put a call in....