Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naps

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Naps

Advertisements
    When about do babies go from the newborn sleep schedule of sleeping on and off all day rather than clear naptime and wake times to having a specific and clear amount of naps per day?

Or is my baby just weird? She sleeps like every hour or two for half an hour to an hour all day... is that too much sleep? She still has a good long stretch at night of 6ish hours and 3-4ish hours so she is getting enough sleep then...

Is she still young enough to sleep off and on all day? Or could something be wrong? When do real naps start?

and while I'm making a thread... when do babies get interested in playing and whatnot... she smiles and laughs for only a couple minutes a few times a day with me... otherwise she just wants to sit or lay or be held or sleep... she often seems like she might be bored but I don't really know how to entertain her... she doesn't really care about any of the toys or the floor mat or anything that I have for her.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    probably around 2 months dd went to a more awake schedule with about 2 - 2 1/2 hours between each hour nap. as long as she's doing okay at night i wouldn't worry. some babies are sleepier than others. dd got really into "playing" when she was around 3 or 4 months. she loved her activity mat around then
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it seems like everything really starts happening around 3 or 4 months... I'm so impatient! I'm not as into the newborn stage as I expected... I'd be going insane I think if I didn't even get smiles yet.

I'm ready to play and have more of a concrete schedule and whatnot
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    we aren't a big schedule family (we have gotten more so as dd has gotten older) but it does get easier when they start playing and interacting more. granted i miss those sleepy newborn days lol
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

enjoy it bry, just please enjoy it it goes by so fast and believe it or not, you WILL want these days back!!!
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Lo still sleeps ALOT! some days he sleeps more than others. yesterday he slept most of the day until about 3pm, then wwas mostly up until 10...only small oops i feel asleep naps. some days he just wants to sleep. and he sleeps 8-10 hours at night.

as for toys, Lo just really started playing with. sorta started about a month ago i guess. maybe a little more
  7. Banned
    Banned
    girl, let that baby sleep and enjoy it!!!! When she hits two you are going to cry for these days. I know they are hard. I got the What to expect the first year for my kids.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    bry try getting those wrist or ankle rattles that velcro around them

eta: i hated the what to expect books (*sorry cass*) i prefer dr. sears
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    we aren't a big schedule family (we have gotten more so as dd has gotten older) but it does get easier when they start playing and interacting more. granted i miss those sleepy newborn days lol
    I'm not a huge scheduler either but I do like having a ballpark idea of what to expect... right now, she is just so random with when she wants to sleep and when she wants to be awake that it makes it hard even to plan dinner because we just don't know if she will be asleep or if she will be fussy because she is hungry or wants to sleep or if she will be awake but content to not be held while we eat. I don't need a perfect exact minute to minute schedule... but an idea of when she might sleep and be awake would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    enjoy it bry, just please enjoy it it goes by so fast and believe it or not, you WILL want these days back!!!
    See, people say I'll miss it but I don't think I will. I still don't miss the first week home... it is just a struggle for me to have this little being who can still only communicate through crying. I'm finally figuring out some of the cries but it is still hard to know when she wants to be held, when she wants to sit up or lay down and all that... and because she doesn't play yet, she relies so much on me holding her and bouncing/jumping her a lot. It gets exhausting.

I like her more now that she can handle being put down... I do NOT in any way miss the first couple weeks when she needed to be held constantly.

I like when she sleeps a lot haha and I'm sure I'll miss her sleeping a lot... but I know I won't miss the uncertainty of when she sleeps. I'm better with a bit older babies who are more predictable.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    bry try getting those wrist or ankle rattles that velcro around them

eta: i hated the what to expect books (*sorry cass*) i prefer dr. sears
    haha I have both the wrist rattlers and slipper rattle thingies.. she doesn't care at ALL about them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast