Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's not sleeping again!

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

He's not sleeping again!

Advertisements
    I don't know what happened! Matt went from sleeping for 8 pm to 6 am and taking two 2 hour naps through out the day to sleeping until 3 am waking up and staying up for an hour then sleeping until about 7 and only taking about 2 half an hour naps during the day. I know he's tired because you can hear it in his cry. And he's been super fussy for the past few days, but that could be because he's tired. He might be teething, he has been drooling and chewing on his hands more but he's still very much interested in food. I also just recently added baby cereal to his diet so I don't know if that might have anything to do with it. I'm just so frustrated and can not handle having a fussy baby anymore. I'm letting him CIO in his crib a little just so I can have a few minutes to collect myself before going through the process of trying to calm him down again. I have no idea what to do to get him to sleep. I've tried everything that normally works; putting him on his tummy, rocking him, letting him fall asleep on me, singing to him, I even swaddled him because sometimes when he gets really fussy that works but nothing is working. I just don't know what else to do.
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Sometimes they go through phases like that where they are just fussy... it could be gas or it could be nothing at all and just fussing . I know it can be frustrating.

My second son screamed from morning til night for months because of severe reflux. It was a nightmare.
  3. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Does he have gas? Maybe that's disrupting his sleep some. Alexis was that age when she stopped sleeping threw the night. I don't know why she did it, but she barely sleeps threw the night now.

I hope you can find some answers.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He could be constipated or have some bad gas. I know that happened to dd when we started her on rice cereal. He could be teething. Would you be opposed to letting him snuggle up with you on the couch (on top of you) or in bed with you? Maybe drive around for a bit and once he is asleep and then park somewhere and read a book. Just do what you need to to get him to sleep. As to the CIO thing I wouldn't let him fuss more than 5 or 10 minutes max. I know that feeling I do. do you have a sling? you can wear him down. try some hylands teething tablets and/or mylicon and/or colic tablets

eta: even the stringest CIO proponents say to wait until at least 6 months
  5. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Wesley did that at that age, too.
    He was at the age where he learnt that we would come running if he cried.
    It was tough because I didn't believe - at ALL - in C-I-O.
    In the end, after trying everything, that is what we did. And it worked - FOR US.
    I am, by no means, saying that this is the best solution. Every baby is different.

And, after reading everyone else's responses, I would try their suggestions first. I'm a first time mother and I know NOTHING LOL s
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    maybe try cutting the rice cereal out. or mixing it thinner. i have no clue. but i wanted to offer
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    does he go outside alot? like on walks or anything like that? emilynn started doing that when she first got her ear infection. like she was just start screaming for no reason and nothing would calm her down, and she just acted REALLY needy.
  8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    He could be constipated or have some bad gas. I know that happened to dd when we started her on rice cereal. He could be teething. Would you be opposed to letting him snuggle up with you on the couch (on top of you) or in bed with you? Maybe drive around for a bit and once he is asleep and then park somewhere and read a book. Just do what you need to to get him to sleep. As to the CIO thing I wouldn't let him fuss more than 5 or 10 minutes max. I know that feeling I do. do you have a sling? you can wear him down. try some hylands teething tablets and/or mylicon and/or colic tablets

eta: even the stringest CIO proponents say to wait until at least 6 months
    Oh I never let him cry more than 10 minutes max. Normally he'd just fuss a little (2 or 3 minutes) and just put himself to sleep but not today. Yeah, I've given up and just let him sleep on me. My house is clean and I can wait to workout until he's rested and hopefully in a more playful mood so he can play on his mat. At least this way we can both get some rest.

Thanks for all of the advice ladies!
  9. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda. View Post
    does he go outside alot? like on walks or anything like that? emilynn started doing that when she first got her ear infection. like she was just start screaming for no reason and nothing would calm her down, and she just acted REALLY needy.
    he used to. I used to take him on a walk everyday so I could get some exercise but since I've started working out inside we rarely leave the house.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    if you aren't leaving much i recommend doing something even if it's carrying him around the yard. the change in scenery could help out. i notice dd gets a bit stir crazy and causes her to have problems sleeping if we are in the house too much
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast