Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C-Section Question...

1. well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)
    well, Mommy of 7 now! ;)

Question C-Section Question...

Advertisements
    I had to have my first c-section and I have some questions.

1.) how long does it take to heal?

2.) If you had staples... did you use anything to help your incision heal? to limit scarring?

3.) how long did the bleeding last?

This is all so new to me and I just don't know what to expect. thanks in advance

Navy Wife and Mom to 7 Lil Monkeys
  2. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    1.) how long does it take to heal? 6-8 weeks, and 6 months for it to FULLY heal

2.) If you had staples... did you use anything to help your incision heal? to limit scarring? N/A- I had stitches, and dermabond

3.) how long did the bleeding last? Vaginal? 6 weeks, the rag from hell
    ...Done....
  3. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by momto5lilmonkeys View Post

1.) how long does it take to heal? I was sore for a few days but if i stayed on top of my pain meds I was fine. I was up and walking around doing errands 3 days later. it is a little after 3 weeks and i feel great. My incision itches sometimes and if my pants or underwear rub on it it can start to get irritated but other then that no complaints. Or, excpet after showering. because the skin tightens as it dries it can get a bit irritated then too.

2.) If you had staples... did you use anything to help your incision heal? to limit scarring?
    No staples. internal stiches. But I put baby powder around the incision for the first 2 weeks to keep it dry and not infected. I can barely see the incision now to be honest. the stretch marks above it....that is a different story.

3.) how long did the bleeding last?3 weeks out and still bleeding. it was heavy the first week then pretty light the 2nd. I thought it had stopped but after a day of spotting it came back, which i hear is normal. still pretty light though

This is all so new to me and I just don't know what to expect. thanks in advance
    Let me know if you have any other questions. I just went through it so i'm all ears!

4. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    The first day is hardest.. and then it gets better. The sooner you get up, the better off you will be (so I was told.)

...Done....
  5. Senior Member
    1.) how long does it take to heal? It took me about 6 weeks to be up and around but I really wasn't back to myself until about 8-9 months later

2.) If you had staples... did you use anything to help your incision heal? to limit scarring? No, I didn't use anything just made sure that I kept the incision dry
    3.) how long did the bleeding last? It lasted about 3-4 weeks.

If you've got any other questions, just let me know. I went through this with DS and I'm having another C/S in 3 weeks.
  6. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by momto5lilmonkeys View Post

1.) how long does it take to heal?

3.) how long did the bleeding last?

1. it varies on the person but the swelling was gone in a few weeks and totally gone and flat by 1 mo....
    2. i used nothing. my scar is very, very low and if I were to not shave you would not be able to see it
    3. the bleeding lasted a week (not from scar but from birth)
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    1.) how long does it take to heal? 6 weeks and 6-12 months to fully heal. Be VERY careful with lifting heavy things even after the 6 weeks. I wound up with a hernia 4 months after my last section

2.) If you had staples... did you use anything to help your incision heal? to limit scarring? I didnt use anything with any of the kids. 3 I had disolvable stitches 1 was staples. Had 4 sections and you cant see my scar at all.

3.) how long did the bleeding last? 4-5 weeks with all 4 kids.
  8. My Best Support System Is My Hubby I Love You Hunnie
    My Best Support System Is My Hubby I Love You Hunnie
    Wow!! this is a good thread bc this is my 3rd pregnancy and im going to have a c-section... i see some ladies saying it takes 6 to 9 months on fully recovering like its that just being able to physically do like excersise's or like can you explain more please>>>

I My Hubby & Kids {4 yr. Old Boy, A Resting Angel Baby, & My BabyGirl On The Way}
  9. Senior Member
    1.) how long does it take to heal? I was u doing normal things by the time I left the hospital. Driving after about a week and a half, off all the pain pills including motrin after 2 weeks and totally felt normal in about a month, exercising, having sex... everything.

I had stitches inside... nothing on the outside.

3.) how long did the bleeding last? normal/heavy bleeding about a week or two and then I just wore pantie liners for about a month after because if I did too much I would start bleeding a little.. but it wasn't constant.
  10. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I healed quickly, didn't have much bleeding and was up and around ASAP... my recovery was not the norm though.. I had very few issues... bleeding lasted around 2-3 weeks and was very light, Incision healed really well, and really quickly.. I followed drs. orders to a T, and having a mom who's a nurse helped... I had staples, but they were removed before I was discharged.. they put steri strips on post staples, and they worked great. My scar itches, and pulls from time to time, but according to my dr. the pulling is from my body "over" healing itself. The itching is very common from what I've heard... powder and itch creams help.

I can promise you that C's are not the horrible things that some make them out to be. The sooner you get out of bed and move around, the quicker you'll feel better.. don't over do it though.. no lifting more than the weight of your baby, no straining or bending, and no driving.. until you're medically released. I was told none of the above for 2 weeks.

I'm sure everything will be just fine..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast