Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molly is being difficult

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Molly is being difficult

Advertisements
    She wants to eat NON STOP today.. and I don't mean the non stop where it really means every half hour... I mean literally non stop for hours wanting to be at my breast.

The only problem is.. she won't actually EAT... she just goes off and on and sucks... normally when she acts like this, it just means she wants her soothie... but she won't take that either.

She did finally take a short nap (thank goodness, I have unpacking and stuff to do!) and now she is in her swing... but she is already getting antsy.

She just keeps giving feeding cues. She isn't crying or anything (unless I ignore her for too long of course) she is just making weird little baby noises like she is trying to get my attention or complain a bit. Nothing that sounds like pain or distress or anything...

I know she IS getting milk so the issue isn't that she isn't getting enough.. and like I said, she isn't crying like something is really wrong like she would be if she were truly hungry.

I know it is time for a growth spurt but I think she already did it... she was eating every hour and up all night... how she was for the other growth spurts.. that was a couple days ago.

I don't know what to do I just can't hold her non stop all day with my boob out... I love her but I have things I need to do
  2. Senior Member
    jeez. I really have no clue, none of my chillens are like that. I will I hope someone else can help ya out.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks

I just can't think of what it could be... she doesn't seem to be in pain or uncomfortable.. she just wants to be at my breast and pretend to eat... ish.

Normally it is obvious what is wrong.. she is hungry or tired or really gassy or wants to be held or bounce or look outside... NONE of it is working.
  4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Right around 6 weeks they go through a BIG growth spurt. I couldn't get Matt off the tit at that point. That's when I had to quit BFing, I just couldn't take it. It's probably just a growth spurt and she'll grow out of it.

ETA she could still be going through the spurt. Give it a few days and it should get better.
  5. Senior Member
    Did you just move? She may feel her worl is a little topsy turvey. My kids would get like that when their world turned upside down----moving, taking trips etc.

Maybe she is just feeling the need to be close to you. Can you put her in a front or back pack and continue unpacking or doing whatever you need to do?
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  6. Senior Member
    I say enjoy it. She will grow up too fast. It does sound like a growth spurt though. Do you wear her? If you have a moby wrap you can nurse while wearing her.

Dont worry about the house. It will be there tomorrow.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have her in a mei tai now and she seems happy... falling asleep on me... but unfortunately it really isn't helping me be able to unpack and do dishes and whatnot... the movement and bending jostles her and gets on her nerves.

At least she seems happy for now though without wanting the breast. I'm glad she loves me so much but I hope she goes back to being happy set down for awhile again soon because the boxes are all in the way and the only dishes we have are currently dirty haha... I can't make dinner til the dishes are done.
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I would just keep offering her the soothie. It's okay for her to fuss a little bit (i dont mean full blown crying of course) while you get what you need to get done. Wish I could be of help! I'm sure i'll be asking you this in a month or 2 when Bella is here
  9. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I would reccomend wearing her. I would put Bella in the baby ktan at night and walk around with her, do the dishes, clean or whatever. I also found that if I would go sit and relax it helped her a lot. This is the age for a growth spurt and so it should be over soon.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    now I am not so sure i want to BF. I don't know if I can handle someone at my tit constantly. I get pissed at Dh and he's not even home most of the day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast