Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I'm so frustrated right now

  1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Shannon Marie's Avatar
    Shannon Marie is offline
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tinker AFB
    Posts
    4,715
    #1

    Help I'm so frustrated right now

    Advertisements
    For almost over a week now, Dawson does nothing but cry. If he is awake he is crying. I'm to the point where all I want to do is get him back to sleep.

    I know he has reflux, and that can cause problems. I know he is little, and that having a BM can be tough with an immature digestive system. I have talked to the pediatrician, i've talked to my mother, my friends...anyone who will listen. They all give me great advice and nothing works. I keep him upright after feeding, I burp him often, i've tried gripe water.

    I've tried warm baths, warm cotton balls against his bum, Mylicon, moving his feet toward his belly....nothing works. He is on Prevacid for his reflux and I suppose i'm starting to see a difference but nothing drastic.

    He can't keep breast milk down for the life of him *just take my word for it, he can't and he isn't gaining weight when we force it on him* and we've tried a few formulas and nothing is helping.

    This constant screaming is just killing me. I hate seeing him like this and not being able to do anything. I'm also at my wits end because i'm so damn tired and all I hear all day is his screams. Dh is back at work now so just 24/7 i'm trying to get Dawson to calm down.

    I've heard colic is 3+ hours...this is ALL THE WAKING DAY!

    I am all out of ideas. People keep saying it'll get better....but that doesn't help at the moment.

  2. Account Closed
    Capt.Obvious's Avatar
    Capt.Obvious is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,383
    #2
    If you need a break, call me. Seriously. I don't mind watching him for a couple hours so you can get some sleep, go grocery shopping, shower.... whatever.
  3. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Shannon Marie's Avatar
    Shannon Marie is offline
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tinker AFB
    Posts
    4,715
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
    If you need a break, call me. Seriously. I don't mind watching him for a couple hours so you can get some sleep, go grocery shopping, shower.... whatever.
    funny you say that...i'm already thinking

    "how am i supposed to expect her to take him when he is like this? i couldn't do that to her the poor girl!"

  4. Senior Member
    Heather LB.'s Avatar
    Heather LB. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,533
    #4
    I wish I had some other advice to offer you than what you've already been told.


  5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Shannon Marie's Avatar
    Shannon Marie is offline
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tinker AFB
    Posts
    4,715
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
    If you need a break, call me. Seriously. I don't mind watching him for a couple hours so you can get some sleep, go grocery shopping, shower.... whatever.
    PS i may take you up on that eventually....right now I still have the "i don't want to leave him" mentality. i'm sure a few more days of this and i'll be more then willing....

  6. Senior Member
    LauranwithanA's Avatar
    LauranwithanA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    3,267
    #6
    is he on soy formula? that could be the problem. ellie is BF'd but supplemented and when i give her formula, she spits it up right after the feeding ALL OF IT! so i put her on sensitive which is lactose free.. but if it still were a problem, im sure the dr would change it again. also, the the constipation could be from too much iron, so a sensitive type of formula may help that.

    maybe tell the dr that you seriously need a change and dont stop until somethign happens!

    do you think he is colicky? that could be it. we started using nursery water for formula, and boiling the bottles after EVERY feeding so there was no risk of anything


  7. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Shannon Marie's Avatar
    Shannon Marie is offline
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tinker AFB
    Posts
    4,715
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LauranwithanA View Post
    is he on soy formula? that could be the problem. ellie is BF'd but supplemented and when i give her formula, she spits it up right after the feeding ALL OF IT! so i put her on sensitive which is lactose free.. but if it still were a problem, im sure the dr would change it again. also, the the constipation could be from too much iron, so a sensitive type of formula may help that.

    maybe tell the dr that you seriously need a change and dont stop until somethign happens!

    do you think he is colicky? that could be it. we started using nursery water for formula, and boiling the bottles after EVERY feeding so there was no risk of anything
    He was on Similac Isomil at first but didn't do well on it so we switched him to Enfamil AR for acid reflux and he really likes it and keeps it down great.

    As for constipation I was told they aren't really constipated they just don't have the muscle coordination to get things done so to speak so they struggle. When he does go it isn't hard or pellet like, he just has a really hard time getting things going.

  8. Account Closed
    Capt.Obvious's Avatar
    Capt.Obvious is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,383
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    funny you say that...i'm already thinking

    "how am i supposed to expect her to take him when he is like this? i couldn't do that to her the poor girl!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    PS i may take you up on that eventually....right now I still have the "i don't want to leave him" mentality. i'm sure a few more days of this and i'll be more then willing....
    I'm sure that by the time you go back to work, this will all be over. The key is just to stay calm.
    Honestly though, I can handle the crying for a few hours if you need some time to yourself. I had a baby once, I remember what it's like to feel like pulling your hair out. Bryan is leaving next week, and I will have nothing to do, so feel free to give me a call. Even if you wanna come over here with him and hang out, just to get out of the house.
    I PROMISE you, it gets better.

    Oh.. I have a gift for you, too. I'd love to bring it by and see Dawson (and you, of course!) sometime, if that's ok.
  9. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    princessgwynn's Avatar
    princessgwynn is offline
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere I would rather not be :(
    Posts
    11,424
    #9
    Colic is at least 3 hours a day of crying. My DS cried for 8 to 10 hours a day. Have you tried changing your diet at all? I had tried all the same things you had with no luck and then I stopped drinking milk. It was absolutely amazing the transformation over about 3 or 4 days. And if you are going to go with formula be sure to choose a lactose free one. A lot of babies are lactose intolerant for some reason and out grow it. Milk may not be the culprit in your case but it is worth a shot. Other foods I have heard to avoid as a possible solution are acidic things like orange juice. Good luck, and if you need an ear PM any time. I just went through this 2 1/2 months ago & I remember so distinctly how difficult it was and all the same feelings you are having right now!
  10. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Shannon Marie's Avatar
    Shannon Marie is offline
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tinker AFB
    Posts
    4,715
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
    I'm sure that by the time you go back to work, this will all be over. The key is just to stay calm.
    Honestly though, I can handle the crying for a few hours if you need some time to yourself. I had a baby once, I remember what it's like to feel like pulling your hair out. Bryan is leaving next week, and I will have nothing to do, so feel free to give me a call. Even if you wanna come over here with him and hang out, just to get out of the house.
    I PROMISE you, it gets better.

    Oh.. I have a gift for you, too. I'd love to bring it by and see Dawson (and you, of course!) sometime, if that's ok.
    I don't know what i'd do without you woman. Seriously.

    Yeah, feel free to swing by or I can come over and we can hang out or what have you. chit chat over the screams of my kiddo.

    Just shoot me a txt or what have you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •