Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU CAN!!!

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Help PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU CAN!!!

Advertisements
    Lo baby's allergies have really been bothering him. LOTS of mucus! so i am thinking that may be the cause! I'm not freaking out just yet...would you?

He has had tiny bits of blood in his stool. well its red, so i am assuming its blood. i mean like 3 little spots in the whole mess. He is breastfed still, hasn't had any cereal in about a week. it has happened maybe 3 times now. he's been happy other than when i suck out his nose. he doesn't seem to be in any pain. is it something you would keep an eye on, make an appt asap, or what. it really is only a timy amount. and his allergies have been crazy for the last 4 or 5 days. sooooooo tell me what you think.

***i know none of you can diagnose him, and i should check with the ped before following any advice given...so let me have it!!***
  2. Senior Member
    If it were me, I'd make an appointment asap after seeing any kind of blood in the stool.
  3. New Member
    I would definitely take him to the doctor if you think there is blood in his stool. Really, anyone with blood in their stool needs to get checked out.

One True Love
  4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    ok. thanks. i was going to, but i didn't want to seem like the crazy mom who takes their kid in cause they sneezed once. he has a well baby appt on the 8th, i guess i will see if i can get him in sooner.
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I'd him have seen because I've been told by pedi's over and over that babies that young don't have allergies (though I don't really believe it ). Plus even a little blood in the stool is enough for you to have him looked at.
  6. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    I'd him have seen because I've been told by pedi's over and over that babies that young don't have allergies (though I don't really believe it ). Plus even a little blood in the stool is enough for you to have him looked at.
    My son got sick 3 times in 3 months - each for at least 2 weeks at a time, bad cough, runny nose, etc. We took him to the Dr. each time - and finally they diagnosed him with allergies. And sure enough, now it's spring and their is pollen, he is stuffy and coughing a lot again! I definitely think little ones can have allergies now
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    i dont believe them either! ellie sounds congested on the days that my allergies are bad, but its all in her sinuses, never coming out her nose! and she has a chest rattle and the dr said shes just fine!!

i wouldnt worry about the allergies, but definetly about the blood!

8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

hope everything is okay with him.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm probably going to be THAT mom, the one that freaks out over nothing, and I don't have kids, but I'd call your Dr and tell them or a nurse what's going on, and ask their opinion of if it should wait. Blood in the stool can be a tiny bit of tearing from pushing out constipation, too, so if it's teeny specks, I'd probably hold out and see if it continues or gets worse, but like I said, that's just me.