Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when did you start solids???

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Question when did you start solids???

Advertisements
    i have read to start "solids" at 4 months, 5 months, and 6 months. Lo is eating about 9 ozs every 3-4 hours. and he is ALMOST 4 months. i have given him a little cereal here and there. but other than cereal...like the baby food, when did YOU start? every ped says different too. so i am confused on when i should i should start. he's already eyeiing up my food. he likes the cereal, and will eat a ton of it if i let him. so give me your insight and opinions on this PLEASE!!!
  2. Senior Member
    More than likely we wont do cereal. I see no nutritional value to it. So we will probably start around 6/7 months. That is the time I started making Trent his food. BM was his main source of food til he was close to 10/11 months. He would eat solids but mostly play instead of eating.
  3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    oi, but i thought that they needed more than just BM or formula once they got to a certain point. hmmmmm...i hope i remember to ask at his next appt. i am just soooo lost with all of this...
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No, they don't need anything else at this point. Doctors say that until a year, breast milk/formula should be the basis of their diet until a year. Anything prior to that is just for practice/leaning texture. I don't plan on starting Charlie on solids until probably 6-9 months. Like Jill, I'll probably skip cereal.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

5. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    ohhhh. i lost all of my books. not sure how, but i really need to find them. thanks for the input ladies! i guess i will try to wait until he's 6 months. i'm getting impatient.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    ohhhh. i lost all of my books. not sure how, but i really need to find them. thanks for the input ladies! i guess i will try to wait until he's 6 months. i'm getting impatient.
    Please understand that is what I do with MY kids. Dont take my advice 100% for your kids. Read different books, research and talk to your doctor. (which I am sure you will do but I felt I needed to say that.)
  7. Senior Member
    wow he eats 9 oz! he's a hungry boy! ellie still eats 4 oz at a time. although shes a month younger

8. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by LauranwithanA View Post
    wow he eats 9 oz! he's a hungry boy! ellie still eats 4 oz at a time. although shes a month younger
    yeah! he was eating between 9 and 11 ozs while i was in the hospital. so i'm assuming he still does
  9. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    yeah! he was eating between 9 and 11 ozs while i was in the hospital. so i'm assuming he still does
    Wow! Matt still eats 6 oz. But he also wants to eat every 3 1/2 hours. How often does Lo eat? I'm not sure when we'll start solids. I think I'm going to wait until 6 months unless he starts not getting enough just from formula.
  10. Senior Member
    Sophie didnt get solids till after 6 months.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast