Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-Section Recovery

1. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"

C-Section Recovery

Advertisements
    Anyone else have a c-section? I am an active person and have had surgeries before. I've been up and moving around a lot but I am still having to take the Motrin and it is almost a week after I had her.

I am more swollen now than I was during pregnancy. My doc says it is all the IV fluids that they gave me in the hospital and during surgery. I HATE it. I have heard it can take up to several weeks for it to go down. I look so puffy that it is almost embarrassing. I also have these stabbing pains at my incision that the doc says are "healing pains". WTH?!

Just wondering anyone else's experiences with recovering from their c?
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  2. LT
    I was in hospital for 10 days after my emergancy c-section (standard procedure in Germany) and i really needed that time.
    After i got home it took me about 2 or 3 weeks to feel fully recovered.
    I couldnt walk straight, i couldnt laugh, cough, anything without a stabbing pain and it was most definatly the worse pain i have ever felt but it does heal faster that you first think, and i will be having a c-section with any further pregnancys, doctors orders but i am fine with it.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, it's a pain in the butt. I have two kids and both were C-sections, but trust me it does get better . With my last daughter I tried to do to much and I paid for it by swelling up. Once I started delegating stuff and sat my swollen butt down and refused to overdo it, my body "thanked me" and got back to normal. It's been two years though and my incision still itches sometimes .
  4. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    My one csection was for Elora, and she was in the NICU
    I think they kept me in the hospital for about four or five days after she was born, so I got lots of rest
    After I was released, I spent the majority of my time sitting in a chair by her isolette. I can't imagine actually caring for a newborn after a section. My other kids were at grandma's the first few weeks
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins
    Boy 14, Boy 12, Boy 11, Girl 8, Girl 6 & Twin Boys 6/14/09

5. Senior Member
    I had 4 c/s's. The swelling does go down. My 2 weeks I had lost a TON of weight. I swelled with my first and my last really bad. Drink a ton of water and that will help. Don't be embarressed ((hugs)) it will go down.

The pains I had too. I took pain meds for as long as I needed. It is each for every person. I was taking more than motrin though so don't feel bad. It gets better it really does!
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  6. You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    You Can't Hear The Music Until You Dance
    I had a c-section and I found the opposite - if I sat still too long, then I got stiff and sore and I found getting up out of chairs more difficult.

I was taking the T3s (codiene and tylenol) for a little while after because of back pain, rather than pain at the incision site.

I found drinking water really helped with the swelling.

Hang in there!
  7. Senior Member
    I had 2. The first, it took about 3 weeks for all the swelling to go down. The pain only lasted a week. My 2nd was the complete opposite. No pain and the swelling was gone by the end of the week. Its been a year since my last. I still have pulling sensations near my incisions. Nothing painful or uncomfortable, just a weird sensation.
    NO MORE TICKER!!! HE"S HOME!!

8. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by hteew View Post
    Anyone else have a c-section? I am an active person and have had surgeries before. I've been up and moving around a lot but I am still having to take the Motrin and it is almost a week after I had her.

I am more swollen now than I was during pregnancy. My doc says it is all the IV fluids that they gave me in the hospital and during surgery. I HATE it. I have heard it can take up to several weeks for it to go down. I look so puffy that it is almost embarrassing. I also have these stabbing pains at my incision that the doc says are "healing pains". WTH?!

Just wondering anyone else's experiences with recovering from their c?
    I had one as well. I recovered fairly fast, and I guess everyone else things so too. I was up and moving around (it wasn't pretty mind you) a few hours after I had him. By 2 days later I was almost as good as new as long as I was taking my drugs. I was on Motrin for a good week after, maybe a little more. I think that is pretty normal. But people were just floored I was going all over town taking Dawson to the pediatrician etc and people were like "Look at you! That's amazing!!"

It really wasn't a big deal for me.

As for the swelling HOLY CRAP! My feet got so bad. It was so painful and stiff. My toes looked like little sausages. Yuck. That took about a good week and a half at least to go down. But once they did it was fast and now they are back to normal. I feel you though, that was the worst. And my doc said it was from the IV too, especially since I had to have the IV while on pitocin *which obviously did nothing since i ended up with a C* and i was on the pit for 18 hours.

The stabbing "healing pains" i'm not sure about though. My incision will hurt sometimes, especially after a shower when the skin dries and tightens up a bit. But it depends how severe they are. mine hurt, but go away pretty fast. If your's doesn't or your incision looks red or swollen or oozes, i'd definitly go back to the doc.

Anyway....hope that helps!

9. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    It sounds like everything that is happening to me is normal. I'm so glad you ladies are here to reassure me that I'm not crazy. (At least about this!)

I'm trying to stay positive about the swelling. It won't be too much longer.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  10. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by hteew View Post
    It sounds like everything that is happening to me is normal. I'm so glad you ladies are here to reassure me that I'm not crazy. (At least about this!)

I'm trying to stay positive about the swelling. It won't be too much longer.
    hang in there! i know that was so miserable! once it starts to go down it happens really fast. good luck hun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast