Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pediatrician

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

Question Pediatrician

Advertisements
    Ok, I have a question about newborns and peds.
    I am not giving birth in my town where I live. I am having the baby in Panama City about an hour away. We are planning on using a pediatrician here in town though, but obviously he won't be at the hospital an hour away when Logan is born. Will he just see the oncall ped? When do they have to go back after they are born? I honestly don't recall taking Jerron back for a 2-3 days check up. I think it was like a week or 10 days.
    Can I call the peds office now and tell them hey I am like 33 weeks pregnant and will not be delivering here but want to use their Dr? I don't want to wait till he is born and have to hope they are taking new patients and then possibly be stuck with no appt for his well baby check up. Im sorry if this is long and confusing but Im confused! With Jerron I had him at the Naval Hospital and my OB was also a family practice dr so he ended up being my OB, Pediatrician and my family dr so I didn't have this issue at all. There is like 2 peds in this town so Im so worried they won't be accepting new patients. I mean Jerron's dr is not here but its like 30 mins away and he is 5 and only needs a dr if he is sick so no biggie, but with a newborn I prefer a closer dr.
    Thanks for any info.
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

With DD we see the pead onbase, but she was born offbase. We just saw the oncall pead at the hospital, but we had to take her into the clinic onbase within 2 days of being discharged, then at 2 weeks. If you are seeing a pead offbase, yes call now to make sure they are taking new patients.

3. Senior Member
    I would go ahead and give the prd. you want the baby to see a call now. Tell them whats up so you'll have some idea what you need to do after the baby is here.

We see a family Dr. When I went in to get my pregnancy confirmed she told me to call her just before I deliver to set up the babies first appointment.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Call the ped you want to use now. And when he is born he will just see a ped on call at the hospital.
  5. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Can I do the new patient paperwork and get established before he is born? Sounds like a no-go since I have no name etc and have no idea when he is coming.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *~*Cori*~* View Post
    Can I do the new patient paperwork and get established before he is born? Sounds like a no-go since I have no name etc and have no idea when he is coming.
    I did all the paperwork for Bailey's ped about 2 months before she was born.
  7. Senior Member
    i didnt do anything with drs before ellie was born.

the day before she was born (induced) i did paperwork saying yes this dr can see my baby (dr that my ob suggested) and the dr was called but never came to see ellie because she went straight to the nicu, she just saw a dr they had there... prior to me checking out of the hospital i had to call HER dr and make an appt for the next week and give it to the drs at the hosp.

im sure you can tell them you want the on call dr to see Logan, and then while you are at the hospital you can call YOUR ped. and schedule an apt. sometimes they send the ppwk to your house before you even go in

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Before Charlie was born my midwives just recommended a doctor that they knew was good at the hospital.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

9. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    I called yesterday afternoon and they told me to just give the office a call after I have him before I leave the hospital and they will set him up an appt for a couple days later. She said the dr likes to see them around 2-3 days after they are born. They told me I didn't need to fill anything out prior to making his first appt and that he would be seeing new patients.So, I guess all I do is give them a ring after I pop him out.