Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tell me it gets better

tell me it gets better

Advertisements
    I love my son... I really do. But I just feel soooooooo overwhelmed right now.

He is a pretty good baby, but sometimes during the day he just screams for no reason at all and I just dont know what to do. I know he is a baby, and babies do that, I just expected to be more prepared for this than I am.

Having a baby is something that i've wanted my whole life, and now that I have it, I don't know what to do.

My mom was here with me for a little over 2 weeks, and she just left yesterday, and dh is in sniper school so I see him for about an hour at night, then he goes to bed. I feel alone and like I just don't know what the hell im doing!

All i've been doing is crying lately, and I don't know why.... UGGGGGG, I don't know what to do.

I feel like such a bad mommy... I want to be happy and be good at this... what am I doing wrong???

Sorry this was kind of a rant, but I had to get it out.

Please tell me this feeling gets better?!

2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It sounds like you might have PPD. It's normal to be stressed and overwhelmed with a new baby If you continue to feel overwhelmed and crying a lot you should talk to your doc.
  3. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    i agree. you should see ur dr. also look into some new mommy classes and groups in your area... u will find a lot of ppl go through this esp with a first child. your baby might have colic or there may be some other reason or maybe no reason at all... the first few months are hard... just b patient with yourself and cut yourself some slack... it will b ok. no one gets good at doing something they have never done bfor over night.
    i love my hunni bunni
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Things will get easier. i agree with Sarah that you should talk to your doc about PPD or baby blues. I also learned that swaddling helped Bella so much. She became a different baby. The book -The happiest baby on the block- helped a lot.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The other ladies said it best. There are days I still get overwhelmed and my babies are 5 months. It's ok to feel that way.
  6. CAITstoppable
    CAITstoppable

http://twitter.com/CLAiken

7. I talk alot, it just never comes out of my mouth
    I talk alot, it just never comes out of my mouth
    I agree, talk with your doc about your feelings he will be able to get you on the right track. It will get better and you will start to learn your baby's signals better and better. I agree with the other poster, swaddling my DD calms her down everytime. Also there are times she will be so happy just laying on the couch next to me, and then out of no where she starts crying. I have begun to realize she is tired and is having a hard time falling asleep. I swaddle her up, and put her in the swing. She may fuss for just a sec or two, but then her eyes start to get sleepy and she is out!

8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    I'm going to go against everyone else and say it doesn't sound like PPD. It sounds like you are exactly like how I was a few months ago. I was so overwhelmed when DS was that little. I would literally just cry and cry. I loved him so much but at the same time I just wanted to pull my hair out with frustration. It gets WAY easier. Once you really get the hang of it, it becomes more second nature.
  9. Senior Member
    IT GETS BETTER!!! i'm sorry you're having a hard time, but you can do this!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  10. Senior Member
    i don't think it's ppd, but if you're concerned, talking to your doc is a good idea. i think you're being pretty hard on yourself. my mom has told me "i love you/wanted you with everything i have, but there were many days it just didn't feel like it." sleep deprivation is HUGE factor, give it a few months to even out for you. if you still feel/think way in a few months, then do talk to your doc im sorry it's hard, i hope you feel better soon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast