Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What the heck kid?

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question What the heck kid?

Advertisements
    Whenever I try and feed Dawson he either falls asleep or gets so distracted and disinterested. I'll try a few times to get him to latch on and he is determiend not to. So, thinking he's done i'll quit and no more then 10 minutes later he is screaming and wants to be fed.

This is cute at first but at 2am it is anything but. Anyone got suggstions to hold his interest?

2. Senior Member
    i always had to tickle ellies cheek or under her chin or she would be out. and screaming in ten minutes, just like yours! i dont remeber her looking around and losing interest but she very well could have, but i would have done the same thing, tickle her.

good luck i hope you find somethign that works!

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Try swaddling because that will tighten the arms and encourage the focus. Otherwise, I use the messing on the cheek.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Try swaddling because that will tighten the arms and encourage the focus. Otherwise, I use the messing on the cheek.
    Hmmmm, he is a fan of swaddeling. i'll try it!

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Also, it is possible he is going through his first out of womb growth spurt... that can make feeding VERY difficult.

I definitely agree with swaddling... also, try feeding him in a room with few distractions such as lots of activity and minimize talking to him. Tickling helps keep them awake too I also shake my boob a bit to remind molly to keep eating.

Also, when he refuses to latch... do you try offering him the other side and/or burping him first before giving up? I find Molly will stop eating if the flow decreases too much or she needs to burp. She doesn't always burp, but it seems that just being upright for a couple minutes helps her stomach and her focus.
  6. Junior Member
    I think tickling her, or jiggling the nipple some. For me unswaddling her, woke her up enough to eat more
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i had to undress her to get her latched on.
  8. Senior Member
    Katie was the same way. Remember that they dont eat a lot in beginning because their stomach is not very big. Be prepared of her just being attached to the breast for the first month or so.