Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not the only one, right?

1. Senior Member

Bang Head I'm not the only one, right?

Advertisements
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who is starving, has a messy house, and has errands that seem like they'll never get done!

At two and a half months, I've never felt more frazzled. I'm the kind who loves to clean house, have dinner ready and go out and run errands.

Im so thankful that Ellie sleeps through the night, but she wont nap during the day at all. Leaving my only time to get things done being when DF gets home, which sometimes isnt until 11 pm.

To make food, i have to get up, and most of the time she just WONT lay by herself. There are only certain times during the day that she will "play with her toys" i cant get in the kitchen to clean up or make food.

By the time she DOES sleep, i just feel like relaxing! And if i get up to clean, SHE KNOWS! SHE WAKES UP AND STARTS SCREAMING!

sorry this is long, just needed to write out some things sort of a semi-new-mom-vent

2. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Have you tried letting her nap on her tummy? Matt went from no naps to a 2 hour nap in the morning and an hour to an hour and a half nap in the afternoon once I started letting him nap on his tummy.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    Have you tried letting her nap on her tummy? Matt went from no naps to a 2 hour nap in the morning and an hour to an hour and a half nap in the afternoon once I started letting him nap on his tummy.
    her dr told me to stop doing that.. i dont remember why.. i'll try it again

4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by LauranwithanA View Post
    her dr told me to stop doing that.. i dont remember why.. i'll try it again
    Alot of people don't agree with it because babies have a greater chance to suffocate themselves. But as long as it's just during naps then she'll be fine. Just make sure to check on her often.
  5. Senior Member
    ummm...that sounds like my day before babies!

Katie will be 4 months on Saturday and we are just now getting life under control. Dont worry. Things will fall into place
  6. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Do you have a swing? That thing was my life saver when I needed a little 'me' time with both boys. Otherwise, a sling or a mei tai may be your solution! You can get them all snuggly and close to your body, she'll fall asleep and you'll have your hands! My youngest loved to be in the sling or mei tai while I was doing housework.
  7. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    I have finally gotten DS to behave in the baby bjorn while I do stuff around the house. I have even gotten to where I can cook with him in it! You might also try, if you have one, putting her bouncy seat on the table or counter while you are cooking so that she can see you and interact while you are doing other stuff. David doesn't like to be put down either, or napping during the day, but he will sleep in his bouncy seat or swing out in the middle of all the commotion of the house!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Try getting a sling for baby. That helped me.

Swaddle. That works.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Senior Member
    theres only a couple times a day she will enjoy her swing and bouncy seat, right after she wakes up..

i wear her alot, it helps but im not very good at cooking with it yet, and there are times that she will just SCREAM.. i really do think she is teething early. i think i may have to call her dr on monday to check her out just in case it may be an ear infection.

thanks everyone i always hoped i'd have a "good" baby and not a fussy one

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    She is probably not teething though. I would see from the DR if she has acid reflux. Is she snacking a lot?

Remember, she is only two months old. She could be going through a growth spurt or anything right now.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast