Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I need relief!

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Help Help! I need relief!

Advertisements
    My ankles just started to swell in the 9th month. I was so excited to get rid of that post partum. Unfortunately, they are not gone. In fact, since delivery they are far worse. I was on a lot of IV fluids because of the pitocin and the fact i had a 39 hour delivery in the first place. My whole leg is actually swollen, but my ankles and feet are massive. The skin feels to tight because it is so puffy and it is just rock hard. My toes look like sausages and it tingles when i walk. They literally hurt and throb just as I sit here and type.

I'm calling my doc tomorrow but does anyone have any suggestions? All i've heard is keep them elevated and i'm trying as much as I can but seriously...anything else? TIA.

2. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    are you putting ice on it? I had swelling in my ankles post partum and the ice really helped get them back down.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Did it come on gradually or all of a sudden? I was told any time there is sudden or unusual swelling to come in right away(my BP was elevated, though).
  4. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    I hope you feel better soon. Sorry, no advice.
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

That happened to me too with my long labors that I was on the IV for a long time. There isn't much you can do other than elevate them. It will probably take a couple of weeks for it to go away completely It should start to get better in a few days though.
  6. New Mommy to Kahlan Lee
    New Mommy to Kahlan Lee
    Does soaking with Epsom salt help? I don't usually bother with a foot bath, I just put it in the tub and sit on the edge. Not the most comfortable, but saves me spilling water all over my floor.

7. Regular Member
    Put your feet up... That should help. Also as above ice
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    keep your feet elevated any time you are sitting or sleeping ( uncomfy I know but it helps) also check with your doc like Lori said to make sure it isn't something more serious.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Senior Member
    Go to your dr, like you said. I am not trying to scare you, but I had the easiest pregnancy. I had a c-section due to breech presentation, and all went well. I felt fine, but got the swollen ankles and feet, and they didn't go away. I never had swollen feet or swollen anything during my pregnancy. Come to find out, I had post-partum pre-eclampsia. Yeah, I had never heard of it either. I had fine bp and all that during pregnancy. When they checked me due to the swelling more than a week post partum, I had protein in my urine, high bp, etc. They put me on blood pressure meds until I was 6 weeks post partum. Took me off, and I was fine and dandy.
  10. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    i called the nurse and left a message. hopefully she'll get back to me soon. in the meantime i'm going to ice and elevate them. i didn't have high bp and have no headaches or visual changes so hopefully it isnt pre-e. anyway, thanks for the suggestions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast