Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Period question for BTDT moms

1. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!

Period question for BTDT moms

Advertisements
    I quit BFing when Matt was 6 weeks old. I got my period 27 days later (the 10th of March). Before I had Matt my cycle was always between 28 and 37 days but normally closer to the 28 day point. Now I'm on day 35 and I don't even feel like I'm going to be getting my period anytime soon. I normally cramp for a day or two before getting my period. I've taken two pregnancy tests, one on saturday morning and one yesterday morning, both were negative. So my question is did it take a while for your period to regulate after stopping BFing?

I had been trying since Matt was 6 weeks old to get on BC, I was going to go on the mirena. I have had three different appointments to get it put in but they were never able to. I finally gave up on that and had them just give me BC pills at my last appointment. I'm planning on going on it once I get my period. We've been very careful since I'm not on BC yet. DH has been pulling out, that was the method we used before getting pregnant with Matt and never got pregnant, and we didn't have sex at all when I was supposed to be ovulating. I REALLY don't want another baby right now. We're even talking about postponing the date we were going to start TTC the second baby. We talked about it and we really feel like we missed out on our couple time and we don't want to throw another baby into the mix before getting to take some time for us.

UPDATE: My period came this afternoon. Of course, AF decided to wait until I made this thread before showing up. Oh well, at least I'm not pregnant thank goodness. No more babies for me for a while. I'm going on yasmin on Sunday.
    Last edited by Brittany Rashel; 04-14-2009 at 05:52 PM.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    your body changes after having a baby. I know mine did I didn't get cramps any more after my first nor did I feel any signs of getting my period. I would see if they would give you a blood test at the clinic and if its negative see if they can't induce your period for you.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    i have heard that even after the first period it takes a while to really get back on track

4. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    your body changes after having a baby. I know mine did I didn't get cramps any more after my first nor did I feel any signs of getting my period. I would see if they would give you a blood test at the clinic and if its negative see if they can't induce your period for you.
    Okay, I'll go in tomorrow and see if they'll give me a test.

Quote Originally Posted by LauranwithanA View Post
    i have heard that even after the first period it takes a while to really get back on track
    I really hope that's just it. I seriously don't want another baby for a few years.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i had this problem too
  6. Senior Member
    Mine is whacky since I stopped BFing in March. I got one a week ago and it started all over again today!
  7. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    Mine is whacky since I stopped BFing in March. I got one a week ago and it started all over again today!
    that is so weird! I'm hoping once I go on BC on Sunday it will help regulate my cycle again.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i always had 28 day cycles and now i'm up to 33 or 35 day cycles
  9. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Glad to hear things turned out. I can't imagine getting pregnant again any time soon.