Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Oh, For The Love Of...

1. Senior Member

Oh, For The Love Of...

Advertisements
    I truly wish that lil' bebe would actually sleep for more than 30 mins. through the night.

Is it possible that she's scared of the dark?!

It's only at night where she'll wake up at 30 min. increments, "thinking" that she's hungry...

DH and I finally got some sleep when I caved and let her sleep in bed with us... she slept for 3.5 hours when I did that.

She just started doing this, like the last two nights.

Any thoughts/advice?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My routine was a warm bath, belly full of food, clean diaper, swaddle and rock to sleep. If those things didn't work, I assumed nothing would.
  3. Senior Member
    She is still very new to the world. Remember that she spent 9 months non-stop close to you. Try wearing her. she wants that warmth from you as well as hearing a heartbeat. Everything will be fine.
  4. Senior Member
    I don't think she can be afraid of the dark. She doesn't have the cognitive abilities it takes to be scared yet. Plus, she just spent 9 months in a place that was pretty dark. I agree with what Jill said.
  5. Senior Member
    I had the same problem with my lil one when we first brought him home. We tried a night light in our room since he slept in there with us, and oddly it worked! I was like seriously how can a newborn be afraid of the dark It may not have been that, but for some reason when the room was not pitch black he slept soooo much better. Ever since then he has to have a night light or he will wake up a million times a night.
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    If co-sleeping is not an option for you, I would recommend swaddling and white noise. Check out the book the happiest baby on the block. It was a great help for me.
  7. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry

My DS never slept more than 20 minutes at a time. It sucks!! I was exhausted!!

I always meant to get him back for that when he became a teenager and slept until noon but by then I was so grateful that I didn't have to get up that I let it go. LOL!