Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping in the crib....

1. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife

Bang Head Sleeping in the crib....

Advertisements
    So my son hates sleeping in his crib now for some reason. He is only 2 weeks old. He was doing good for a while and now every time I put him down he wakes up and cries....has anyone else had this problem? And what did you do to make them sleep in their crib?

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yup... I have this problem.

It is because he is so new... he is used to being in a cramped place with you non stop... the crib is scary!

start with something smaller... bassinet, moses basket etc... and the sheets/blankets you use for those... sleep with them first so they smell like you.

right now, Molly will only sleep there if I put her down when she is fully asleep... but she is much better about waking up alone now that she has done it a few times. eventually she'll go down too... in the meantime, we do a lot of cosleeping.
  3. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife
    I do that once in a while but my hubby will be back with us in a week and he can't sleep with us....It is really frustrating lol I just really wanna get some sleep

4. Senior Member
    The bassinet always worked better for us at that age. Then at about 3 months we made the transition to the crib. If that won't work, make sure he's tightly swaddled. And you could try one of those noise machine things. All of our kids had one in their room when they started sleeping in their cribs and I usually put it on the rain one. But you could try the heartbeat or even white noise.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I left a shirt of mine and Bryan's in Ethan's crib, that we had worn for a day. That way it had our scents on them to comfort him and think we were close by.

Ethan's crib mattress was a vibrating one, so that helped him as well. Something similar to a vibrating mattress would be this: http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Ge...pr_product_top
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I left a shirt of mine and Bryan's in Ethan's crib, that we had worn for a day. That way it had our scents on them to comfort him and think we were close by.

Ethan's crib mattress was a vibrating one, so that helped him as well. Something similar to a vibrating mattress would be this: http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Ge...pr_product_top
    Vibrations made a huuuge difference with Silas. He slept in his pack and play with the vibrations for the first month. He sleeps in his crib fine now, but every now and then I have to vibrate the mattress with my hands and it puts him right out!
  7. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

Hmm that is a good idea I never thought of that....thanks

8. Banned
    Banned
    this is going to sound cruel but we didn't have crib for Noah until 1 month after he was born. We put him in a drawer, not in the dresser ,mind you. But we took out a drawer, emtiped it, and took a bunch of blankets and lined it to make it soft. worked like a charm and then by the time we got a crib he was ready for it. We also used a baby incline wedge be/c he had acid relux so he still had that when he went to a crib.
  9. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    swaddling and white noise has helped us.
  10. Proud Army Wife
    Proud Army Wife
    I turn on the tv for some noise cuz I like to watch a movie before bed and he seems to like that. I also put one of his blankets that I used one day all day and that seemed to help too...thank you guys so much for your suggestions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast