Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Formula To BF and Back Again?

1. Senior Member

Formula To BF and Back Again?

Advertisements
    My milk came in like 4 days ago (hurt so darn bad ) and I want to pump, at least once, just to relieve some of the pressure.

Can I put it into bottles for Jess and feed it to her even though she's a formula baby?

She hasn't even gotten a taste of el boobie milk (although she's tried ) but I also don't want to just pump and dump if she can have it.

I'm so clueless when it comes to my boobs.
  2. Senior Member
    Any amount of BM is good for the baby. Just remember that it is a supply and demand thing. If you keep pumping, you will keep making milk. If you dont want to feed her any bm, then throw some cabbage leaves on your breast with a sport bra and you will dry up soon.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you do not want to BF and plan of FF her I would just let your milk dry up. If you pump your body will just make more milk and you will end up having to pump more.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuamALlama View Post
    My milk came in like 4 days ago (hurt so darn bad ) and I want to pump, at least once, just to relieve some of the pressure.

Can I put it into bottles for Jess and feed it to her even though she's a formula baby?

She hasn't even gotten a taste of el boobie milk (although she's tried ) but I also don't want to just pump and dump if she can have it.

I'm so clueless when it comes to my boobs.
    yep. ellie's first feeding was formula (not my choice though) and when she was 4 days old i started with BM and to this day i still supplement with formula

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Any amount of BM is good for the baby. Just remember that it is a supply and demand thing. If you keep pumping, you will keep making milk. If you dont want to feed her any bm, then throw some cabbage leaves on your breast with a sport bra and you will dry up soon.
  6. Senior Member
    I pumped about 2 or 3 bottles a day for Silas until he was a little over 3 months. He got mostly formula, but any amount of breast milk you can give them is beneficial!
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

If you want to dry up and not BF, pumping will just make you produce more milk. If you want to dry up you've just got to deal with the hard painful boobs for a little while.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Bailey View Post
    If you do not want to BF and plan of FF her I would just let your milk dry up. If you pump your body will just make more milk and you will end up having to pump more.

Yep. But you can supplementformula with BM if you want to. Will she take it?
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009