Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Formula To BF and Back Again?

  1. Senior Member
    SenseOfHumor's Avatar
    SenseOfHumor is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,791
    #1

    Formula To BF and Back Again?

    Advertisements
    My milk came in like 4 days ago (hurt so darn bad ) and I want to pump, at least once, just to relieve some of the pressure.

    Can I put it into bottles for Jess and feed it to her even though she's a formula baby?

    She hasn't even gotten a taste of el boobie milk (although she's tried ) but I also don't want to just pump and dump if she can have it.

    I'm so clueless when it comes to my boobs.
  2. Senior Member
    Jill's Avatar
    Jill is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    6,092
    #2
    Any amount of BM is good for the baby. Just remember that it is a supply and demand thing. If you keep pumping, you will keep making milk. If you dont want to feed her any bm, then throw some cabbage leaves on your breast with a sport bra and you will dry up soon.
  3. Senior Member
    Enigma's Avatar
    Enigma is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    76,355
    Blog Entries
    6
    #3
    If you do not want to BF and plan of FF her I would just let your milk dry up. If you pump your body will just make more milk and you will end up having to pump more.
  4. Senior Member
    LauranwithanA's Avatar
    LauranwithanA is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    3,267
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GuamALlama View Post
    My milk came in like 4 days ago (hurt so darn bad ) and I want to pump, at least once, just to relieve some of the pressure.

    Can I put it into bottles for Jess and feed it to her even though she's a formula baby?

    She hasn't even gotten a taste of el boobie milk (although she's tried ) but I also don't want to just pump and dump if she can have it.

    I'm so clueless when it comes to my boobs.
    yep. ellie's first feeding was formula (not my choice though) and when she was 4 days old i started with BM and to this day i still supplement with formula


  5. Senior Member
    amazinggrace's Avatar
    amazinggrace is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,288
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Any amount of BM is good for the baby. Just remember that it is a supply and demand thing. If you keep pumping, you will keep making milk. If you dont want to feed her any bm, then throw some cabbage leaves on your breast with a sport bra and you will dry up soon.
  6. Senior Member
    BamaChica's Avatar
    BamaChica is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN - Recruiting
    Posts
    3,850
    #6
    I pumped about 2 or 3 bottles a day for Silas until he was a little over 3 months. He got mostly formula, but any amount of breast milk you can give them is beneficial!
  7. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #7
    If you want to dry up and not BF, pumping will just make you produce more milk. If you want to dry up you've just got to deal with the hard painful boobs for a little while.
  8. Senior Member
    llove12's Avatar
    llove12 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camp Lejeune
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Bailey View Post
    If you do not want to BF and plan of FF her I would just let your milk dry up. If you pump your body will just make more milk and you will end up having to pump more.

    Yep. But you can supplementformula with BM if you want to. Will she take it?
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •