Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: i wish he didnt already have kids

1. Senior Member

i wish he didnt already have kids

Advertisements
    kidding, but i hate that his kids slept through the night a 2 weeks old. (dfs kids)

he told me last night tha he doesnt like that i bring her in our bed in the middle of the night. i put her down about 1030 or 11 and she wakes up at about 4 so i bring her in bed and nurse to sleep. im really happey she spends half the night alone, thats a good start right? his other DD's were formula fed which is why i guess they slept the night.

on the other hand, she slept almost 7 hours last nght! if she'd slept 30 more min df would have been already getting ready for work!

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thats what we do with DD. I wish now we didnt because I want her out of our room but if its the only way to get her to sleep im doing it. Dont feel bad, if you like it then keep doing it! PS DS was bottle fed and slept thru the night early on and DD isnt even close so I know the feeling.
  3. Senior Member
    what??? Kids dont sleep through the night until they are at leased 2 or so months old...They might sleep for 5 or 6 hours at night, but thats not sleeping through the night. Most kids dont sleep through the night until they are 6 months old or older. My girls where 9 months old. There is no way a 2 week old baby is going to sleep longer than 4-5 hours.

Breast fed babies are known to not sleep through the night as soon as formula babies because they eat more often and dont get as full. I would still bring the baby to bed with me, why shouldn't you be able to get as much sleep as possible???
  4. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kimly View Post
    what??? Kids dont sleep through the night until they are at leased 2 or so months old...They might sleep for 5 or 6 hours at night, but thats not sleeping through the night. Most kids dont sleep through the night until they are 6 months old or older. My girls where 9 months old. There is no way a 2 week old baby is going to sleep longer than 4-5 hours.

Breast fed babies are known to not sleep through the night as soon as formula babies because they eat more often and dont get as full. I would still bring the baby to bed with me, why shouldn't you be able to get as much sleep as possible???

Alexis was sleeping threw the night at 5 weeks... it is possible, but not very common. She would do to bed at 10pm, and sleep til about 8am.

I wouldn't worry about it tho OP, seriously. Every baby is different.

5. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    i think that is a great start!!!

I plan on having Dawson in our room (in a bassinet) for the first few weeks/months. Then for nap time use the crib in his room.

6. Senior Member
    Maybe you could compromise, and every other night or on the weekends he could get up and give her a bottle (pumped) at 4am.
  7. I love my life!
    I love my life!
    DS was sleeping through the night at about 4 weeks.. He would go to bed about 10 and sleep till about 7. I BF till he was about 4 weeks but it just wasnt working for us so we went to bottles and he did so well with sleeping.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    Maybe you could compromise, and every other night or on the weekends he could get up and give her a bottle (pumped) at 4am.
    i wish! he works 14 hr days i couldnt do that to him lol

9. Senior Member
    My baby is bottle feed and doesn't sleep more then 2 -3 hours. She eats every 2 hours during the day. I say if that is how you get some sleep then do it. I have brought my lil one in the bed to get an extra hour or so of sleep.