Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bfing through bottle

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question Bfing through bottle

Advertisements
    I fully entend to give breast feeding a try, but in my mind it seems so much easier to use a bottle. (as in breast milk in a bottle, not necessarily formula) So I was curoius if anyone did this? Possibly just using a bottle but always bm?

They still get all the benefits and that way dh could help out with feeding a little more etc.

Am I missing something? I know the bonding is a big part of it so i'll stick it out but it just got me thinking....

2. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I plan on pumping as much as I can, if I am able to so DH can feed Haylee as well.

3. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    That was the plan for me to do with Alexis, but it just didn't work out. Hopefully it will with you though!

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Pumping can be very frustrating since it (for most women) is not as effective as actually bf. It takes a lot of work and commitment to pump close to the same amount as the baby gets in one nursing session. Why not try to bf and occasionally pump to have a little extra so that your DH can help out? I would however recommend to star by exclusively bf to establish your milk supply which is based on how much your baby nurses. Also, have you looked into local bf support groups like the LLL?
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  5. Senior Member
    I bought the drop ins bottle system and plan to do this. anything about it as far as real life experience though.
  6. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Kris - I stopped exclusive breastfeeding and started pumping and supply has been dwindling quickly. I've pretty much decided that I can't do it anymore. I'm frustrated with the small amount I am still able to pump.

My little Loves!
  7. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    Pumping can be very frustrating since it (for most women) is not as effective as actually bf. It takes a lot of work and commitment to pump close to the same amount as the baby gets in one nursing session. Why not try to bf and occasionally pump to have a little extra so that your DH can help out? I would however recommend to star by exclusively bf to establish your milk supply which is based on how much your baby nurses. Also, have you looked into local bf support groups like the LLL?
    I'm sure it varies but how long would be a good period to wait? I've read a lot about that but they never say.

I haven't looked into support groups but I think I may. I guess i'm being a procrastinator. Typical.

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    I'm sure it varies but how long would be a good period to wait? I've read a lot about that but they never say.

I haven't looked into support groups but I think I may. I guess i'm being a procrastinator. Typical.
    It takes a few days for your milk to come in. I would base it on how long it takes you and the baby to get used to bf as that can take a while. It can be very difficult to get started. I'd also suggest getting some nipple shields to help with the bf in case you get chapped/bleeding nipples while you two adjust to this. A good first place to start would be to contact the lactation consultant at your hospital. She will be able to give you some more pointers even before the baby gets here (like suggestions on how to hold the baby etc)
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  9. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    It takes a few days for your milk to come in. I would base it on how long it takes you and the baby to get used to bf as that can take a while. It can be very difficult to get started. I'd also suggest getting some nipple shields to help with the bf in case you get chapped/bleeding nipples while you two adjust to this. A good first place to start would be to contact the lactation consultant at your hospital. She will be able to give you some more pointers even before the baby gets here (like suggestions on how to hold the baby etc)
    good plan! thanks hun!

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    good plan! thanks hun!
    Anytime
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast