Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIDS terrifies me!

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Nutts SIDS terrifies me!

Advertisements
    i am so scared of SIDS! like seriously...its all i can think about. i can't control it. everything else i fell like i have some sort of control over. i feed him, if he gets sick...i can take him to the doctor, if he cries...i can change, feed, play with him, etc. but with SIDS i can do nothing. and it seriously scares the shit out of me! and he's already sleeping so well, i wake up and freak out because its been 4 or 5 hours since he ate and is still sleeping, so i have to get up and make sure he's still breathing. what can i do to get over this a little bit???
  2. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Do you have a baby monitor?
    I Love my boys
  3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reina View Post
    Do you have a baby monitor?
    yes of course! but how is a monitor going to help with SIDS? he's been sleeping in my room right now. and i'm still scared. i haven't researched it too much because i am scared to find out the statistics on it. i don't want to further freak myself out. you know.
  4. Senior Member
    If it helps, I do the same thing. Katie even sleeps in our bed and at times I had to put my hand on her stomach to make sure it was moving. She is not a heavy breather at all! I think it is just part of being a mom, new or old!
  5. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    I asked because my baby monitor picks up my sons breathing. If you wake up in the middle of the night and hear him breathing then you know he's okay. KWIM
    I Love my boys
  6. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    If it helps, I do the same thing. Katie even sleeps in our bed and at times I had to put my hand on her stomach to make sure it was moving. She is not a heavy breather at all! I think it is just part of being a mom, new or old!
    I agree with that We all must of had a moment or two when we would get scared with our newborns.
    I Love my boys
  7. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reina View Post
    I asked because my baby monitor picks up my sons breathing. If you wake up in the middle of the night and hear him breathing then you know he's okay. KWIM
    ohhh i haven't really used mine yet. i hope it does the same! that would help i'm sure.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Go buy an angel care monitor. They are pricy, but completely worth the peace of mind. It is a sensory mat that goes under your baby to pic up every movement including breathing, if there is no movement for 20 seconds a loud friggin alarm goes off. Dh bought me one after I wouldn't sleep (because I sat watching DS breath all night long) It was worth the $100 dollars. We only had 2 false alarms with it and that was after DS got older and could roll to the corner of his crib. PM me if you need to talk about it! I was the mommy who freaked out about SIDS too.
  9. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by CCArmyWife View Post
    Go buy an angel care monitor. They are pricy, but completely worth the peace of mind. It is a sensory mat that goes under your baby to pic up every movement including breathing, if there is no movement for 20 seconds a loud friggin alarm goes off. Dh bought me one after I wouldn't sleep (because I sat watching DS breath all night long) It was worth the $100 dollars. We only had 2 false alarms with it and that was after DS got older and could roll to the corner of his crib. PM me if you need to talk about it! I was the mommy who freaked out about SIDS too.
    ooooh!!! i am going to have to look into that!!! thanks! thats awesome!!! you just rocked my socks woman!!!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCArmyWife View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say, they have them at Burlington Coat Factory.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast