Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: post partum...how do you know?

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Sad post partum...how do you know?

Advertisements
    so i want to cry for no reason ALOT!!! is this just normal hormones. i mean its only been 4 days. and i know that there are alot alot alot of hormone changes going on. so that could be it. but i wasn't this hormonal and crying so much the whole time i was pregnant. so how do i know if its post partum or or normal? and insight or advice would be appreciated. i do plan on talking to my doctor about it at my next appt.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am not sure but I did want to offer I hope you feel better soon!
  3. Senior Member
    I was like that too for a good 2 weeks. From what I know and what I've been told, that if the crying continues or that you don't want to be around the baby whatsoever, or thoughts of wanting to hurt yourself and/or the baby. Those would be major signs of post partum. It will be okay, Im sure it has a lot to do with the hormones. Glad your going to talk with your doctor about this.
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc_wifey85 View Post
    I was like that too for a good 2 weeks. From what I know and what I've been told, that if the crying continues or that you don't want to be around the baby whatsoever, or thoughts of wanting to hurt yourself and/or the baby. Those would be major signs of post partum. It will be okay, Im sure it has a lot to do with the hormones. Glad your going to talk with your doctor about this.
    OMG!!! thank goodness! you made me feel so much better about it. i am really worried about getting it. depression seems to run in my family. so i'm scared. i hope its gone in a couple weeks for me too!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    OMG!!! thank goodness! you made me feel so much better about it. i am really worried about getting it. depression seems to run in my family. so i'm scared. i hope its gone in a couple weeks for me too!
    I was too, I made sure that if anyone thought I was acting weird to please tell me or my dh, the doc especially said to him, if there was anything out of the ordinary with me to let him know immediately. You will be fine hun Like I said earlier Im glad your telling your doc and heck if you feel like you might be a little depressed, call them whenever, they won't mind im sure. If you have any other ?'s pm me anytime!!!
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i cried a lot after dd was born. everytime she cried so did. i think it's normal to a point but if you are concerned i would talk to your doc.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you're still super blue at the 6 week PP visit, bring it up to your Dr. It's normal to be emotional after you have a baby. I bawl for the first couple of weeks. It takes some getting used to. That, and your hormones are like a roller coaster right now. I'm sure you'll start to feel better soon
  8. Banned
    Banned
    The first few weeks your hormones are still so out of whack, it's normal to cry a lot.
  9. Missin' my baby girl
    Missin' my baby girl
    I didnt know I had it till almost a year after dd was born. I did cry alot but I had no energy, I would get angry very easy. and when I noticed it started affecting dd thats when i went in. I wish I would have gone in alot sooner. I actually encourage all my friends who just have babies to get screened for it. Cause you could really never know unless you talk to a dr about it.
  10. Senior Member
    A cried a lot the first few weeks. Every time he cried. I remember the first time he spit up I BAWLED! lol I think its just normal.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast