Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: they are HARD!

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

they are HARD!

Advertisements
    so my milk came in yesterday, and today my boobs are like rocks! i think i could jump up & down and they would not budge. i don't want to pump and cause them to overproduce. so what can i do to help out with this a little? thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    If you are breastfeeding pump. Just a little to relive the tension and soften them a bit. It will be ok, you won't overproduce, and you can save it/freeze for later when you aren't as full.

If you are formula feeding all you can do it bind then (wiht a ace bandage, then a sports bra)
  3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i'm BFinf. but the dr said to not use bottles at all for at least 2 weeks. so i would just be wasting. would a warm shower and maybe manually try to express some help?
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    i'm BFinf. but the dr said to not use bottles at all for at least 2 weeks. so i would just be wasting. would a warm shower and maybe manually try to express some help?
    defiantly. also if you decide to pump, you can freeze the milk.
  5. Senior Member
    a warm shower adn expressing will help.

You can freeze breast milk for up to 6 months. So if you pump now, I'm sure you can use some by then.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    I'd rather pump-and-dump than be miserable, but you can always freeze breastmilk. You may need it later.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I had a feeling that's what this was about when I read your title I'm in the same boat - just trying to express manually when I get too full.

Miranda, mama to Ricky (12), Simon (5), Charlie (2), & Kevin (9)

8. Senior Member
    I know they say not to bottle for 2 weeks, but you can. I fed DD breastmilk through a bottle at 3 days (actually DH did it while I was asleep because he didn't want to wake me). I'd frozen some that I'd pumped (because my boobs were rocks and it was hurting!). DD had no trouble switching back and forth on breast and bottle (we used BreastFlow bottles).

I'd pump a little bit or manually express, however you prefer to relieve some of the pressure. Also, as you said, a warm shower is wonderful.
  9. Senior Member
    I supplemented right from the start so Im sure you can bottle feed. But like the other girls said if you dont want to bottle feed freeze the milk. Engorged boobs hurt like a mother effer. I remember when mine were like that my boobs looked like I had a bad boob job like one of those girls from rock of love bus
  10. Senior Member
    A warm shower will help and heating pads will make them feel a little better.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast