Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moms with infants and toddlers

1. Seabee Wife
    Seabee Wife

Moms with infants and toddlers

Advertisements
    How do you do it? I constantly feel like I'm short changing someone. I can't give my toddler enough of my time like she's used to and my newborn always seems to need me. My house is a mess. I've hardly made any real/time consuming meals. Going anywhere seems like such a chore. I seem to have two diaper bags when I go anywhere (ODD is potty training so I have an etra set of clothes for both girls and back up diapers along with toys for my toddler and so much more). My husband has been on the couch for months now so he can get some sleep. I just feel like no one is getting what they need. Laundry is piled up because I have to go to another building to get it done. There's always dishes in my sink. My floors are in desperate need of vacuuming and mopping. My bathrooms need to be scrubbed, and I need a shower. I'm always tired because my newborn is up every two hours durring the night so I lack energy and motivation. So someone, tell me how you do it, give me some tricks of the trade. Okay well I'm going to get off here, I'll check it later. I just had to take a minute to ask someone.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Um..well..if you figure it out let me know. I have two newborns and a very demanding toddler with ADD. Deployed husband and no friends in the area. I don't even really need to elaborate I bet, you get the picture

Don't feel bad, you are so not alone! I finally broke down and bought paper plates aned stuff, even though I know it's bad for the environment. It helps, though!
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It's tough. I have 4 kids. I have a 6 year old, 4 year old, 2 (3 in feb) year old and an almost 5 months old. I also homeschool my 6 year old. Some days I feel like I'm going to lose my mind, but I make it work. Some days my house is a mess but my house is typically presentable and every now and then I go from top to bottom to make it spotless. Right now my husband is on shore duty so he is here and helps me out a lot, but I still managed when he wasn't somehow
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Elizabeth was 13 months when Grace was born and it was hectic. I remember feeling the same way. But my best advice is rough it out. Around the four month mark you will get more together. Until then, let house hold chores slide. The hubs HAS to chip in, if he is home. If anything to do dishes and vaccum, take the older one out so you can clean up. Take full advantage of the bouncer for the lil one. If she cries she cries. All the books I read said ive the toddler attention, the baby will wait. She will get used to a swing and bouncer in no time. I actually vaccumed ALL the time because it made the kids quiet. Give the toddler a banana or dry cereal with a sippy cup of milk in the beginning, no need to go all out. Fianlly I PROMISE it WILL get better soon! Just take advantage of any help anyone offers. You are not super woman, ask for help and do what you can !
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I bribe my oldest with snacks when I know I'll be busy with the baby. I let the baby cry when the others need me. You only have so many hands and you can only do so much at one time. They will have to learn the art of sharing mommy, waiting their turn, helping each other and helping you (when both are old enough, obviously) but until the baby is old enough to be self sufficient, you'll just have to find your little groove and tough it out. It does get better. Now that my little guy is going on five months, things have gotten a tad more mellow. It's still chaos, it's still a royal pain in the ass to go anywhere, but it's easier now than it was two months ago.
  6. Seabee Wife
    Seabee Wife
    Thanks for giving me hope and re-affirming the fact that I can let the baby cry a little. It's one of those things you know in your mind but your heart says different when the baby cries and so sometimes you just need to hear it from other moms you respect. Thanks.