Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: supplementing question

1. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries

Question supplementing question

Advertisements
    if you supplemented at all did you mix the formula with your BM or give the baby straight formula?
  2. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
  3. Senior Member
    I mixed the two

4. Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    I rotated with my DD. She was premie and I needed a weight gaining formula.... So I would give her 1 bottle BM and 1 formula.... or if she didn't get full from the BM I would follow up with a formula bottle.
    Our perfectly, not perfect, family!
  5. Senior Member
    I BF each side 10mins then give her 4oz of formula (6oz at night).
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    he gets one bottle a day which is the last feeding before bed. We mixed half breatmilk and half formula the first time or two, then just gave straight formula.

On a side note, he's gone from literally waking every single hour or two all night long to sleeping from 9:30pm til 5 or 6am, eating when he gets up, then going BACK to sleep until around 8:30-9am. He is like a completely different baby now, so much happier all day, he nurses more through out the day but doesn't spend the whole day fussing and being overly tired, fighting sleep, etc. Total 180.
  7. Senior Member
    Monterey California ! Near Da' Beach again !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    he gets one bottle a day which is the last feeding before bed. We mixed half breatmilk and half formula the first time or two, then just gave straight formula.

On a side note, he's gone from literally waking every single hour or two all night long to sleeping from 9:30pm til 5 or 6am, eating when he gets up, then going BACK to sleep until around 8:30-9am. He is like a completely different baby now, so much happier all day, he nurses more through out the day but doesn't spend the whole day fussing and being overly tired, fighting sleep, etc. Total 180.
    Oh WOW Brandi ! that is good to hear !!
    How's that "Hope" and "Change" working out for you ?
  8. Senior Member
    Monterey California ! Near Da' Beach again !!!
    I mixed BM a few times with formula ,but I strictly pumped at one point too so I gave him BM bottle and formula all seperate. You can do all the research and reading online and getting feedback which is good ) but you end doing what is best for your baby.
    How's that "Hope" and "Change" working out for you ?
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We do just straight formula when supplementing. We only do it a couple times a week.

See you in a year daddy
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post

to Brandi's first paragraph Sarah. That's why I suggested that previously.

I intended on breastfeeding and did for a minimal amount of time. I was very attracted to the whole nursing idea and situation. I had complications that prevented me from being able to continue personally nursing. So I did it for a while, than supplemented. Than at some point went to straight formula, b/c of the personal medical items.

I know about supplementing at night (1/2 BM and 1/2 Formula) at the night time feeding because when I started out nursuing my girlfriend told me specifically to do that, b/c her Ped had told her to do that. Breast Milk is advantageous all around for a baby, but the BM is thin, so when you add some formula it is thicker (hence their little tummy has some fuller more weighted milk in there) and it does help them sleep more she told me and than I did that very briefly before switching over to formula.

I really wanted to nurse. It didn't work out that way though.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast